Dirty Talk: The Ultimate Sex Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hamilton chapter.

Let’s face it: sex can be really awkward. Especially if you just met the person an hour ago. Despite the comfort of dating someone for a while, sex is still an extremely intimate and personal experience that can cause discomfort and anxiety. Even if you’ve had a few Keystone Lights and turned the lights down low, you may still feel uncomfortable. And if you or your partner feels uncomfortable, the sex will probably not be very enjoyable.

Have no fear ladies, I’m here to tell you how to get rid of that awkwardness. The solution, as Chris Brown once said, is to TURN UP THE MUSIC. While I understand why you may be skeptical about having sex to a playlist of songs, here are some of the benefits:

1. Comfort. If music is playing, both you and your partner can feel more comfortable since the room won’t be completely silent.

2. Energy. By having sex to a playlist, you and your partner can get more energized and experiment with interesting positions and motions during the sex.

3. Tempo. During sex, it is really important to change up the speed to ensure it’s enjoyable for both of you. By varying the playlist with some slow and fast songs, your bodies will naturally move faster and slower based on the song, which will make the sex better!

4. Scream. If you play music while having sex, you and your partner will feel more comfortable being vocal during sex and really letting loose! So, if you feel like screaming, you can do it without feeling embarrassed!

5. Fun. This is pretty basic, but it just makes the sex more fun and exciting. Plus, you can have fun making the playlist and get more excited to have sex.

Hopefully I have convinced you to make your own playlist, but here is a suggested playlist. Feel free to switch up the order! 

1. Motivation – Kelly Rowland
2. Sexual Healing – Marvin Gaye
3. Crash Into Me – Dave Matthews Band
4. Scream – Usher
5. Satisfaction – Benny Benassi
6. Ooh La La – Goldfrapp
7. Bow Chicka Wow Wow – Mike Posner
8. Down On Me – 50 Cent feat. Jeremiah
9. Tilt Ya Head Back – Nelly and Christina Aguilera
10. Take Care – Drake feat. Rihanna
11. Buttons – Pussycat Dolls
12. Dirrty – Christina Aguilera
13. Love, Sex, and Magic – Ciara feat. Justin Timberlake
14. Can’t Get Enough of Your Love Babe – Barry White
15. It Girl – Jason Derulo
16. Pretty Wings – Maxwell
17. Kiss Me Slowly – Parachute
18. Sex Weed – R. Kelly

\

Soozy Adelman is a junior at Hamilton College. She is a Sociology Major, and Government Minor.