Commons Customizations

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hamilton chapter.

There are a lot of articles online about how to eat healthy in college, but this post isn’t about healthy food…it’s about delicious food—that you can create with your own two hands from the food at Commons or McEwen!

1.     Peanut butter and banana panini. Yum! Elvis would surely approve of this dining hall treat made with just plain old bread, peanut butter, and a sliced banana!

2.     Bagel breakfast sandwich. Mile long omelet line got you down? Go for a bagel sandwich (a la Diner B) with scrambled eggs, cheese from the sandwich bar, and even sausage or bacon! Toast the bagel, microwave the insides, and BAM. Awesomeness.

3.     Cinnamon Toast Crunch and Lucky Charms. Together in perfect harmony. This one doesn’t entail any microwaving or stacking, but it’s a combination that will rock your world.

4.     White pizza with chicken. Commons gives you the garlic white pizza, all you have to do to spice it up is cut up some grilled chicken, sprinkle on some parmesan, and (if you’re feeling ambitious) microwave it to melty deliciousness! Heck while you’re at it, hit up the salad bar and add veggies to any pizza you want.

5.     Cookie sandwich. Why buy them when you can make your own? Just take two cookies, put them in the toaster or microwave for a teensy bit, and slap some ice cream in between them! (OR cookie sandwich without the mess! Just get some ice cream, microwave a cookie separately, and crumble it into your ice cream)

6.     Brownie a la mode. Alright, everybody has probably thought of this one, but you’d be lying if you said it wasn’t delicious. Just microwave a brownie in a bowl and scoop some vanilla on top (same goes for pie)!

7.     Root beer float. Ice cream & root beer…nuff said.

Happy eating! 

Abby is a freshman at Hamilton
-