This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hamilton chapter.

Back to school means back to being organized and studious. Once you’ve finished unpacking your room and packing your backpack, don’t forget to get your iPhone into top gear for the first weeks of classes. Check out our top 5 choices for back to school apps below! Freshmen and seniors alike will benefit from downloading these college-friendly apps that are all available for free in the App Store.

1. Blackboard

Many students aren’t aware that Blackboard makes an app for your phone that has all the features you can use on your computer. The next time you forgot your syllabus in your room or want to double check what reading you have, just pull up the app and take a look- even on Martin’s Way! You can easily download readings, check a syllabus, or post to a discussion board from your phone.

2. Any.DO

Do you like making lists and feeling satisfied when you can finally cross something off? Welcome to the electronic to-do list app that lets you swipe to cross off, rearrange, and create to-do lists. You can set reminders when an item on the list is due and create a different list for each class or extracurricular activity. Have your to-do lists with you at all times on your phone and be able to cross-off items as you go!

3.  Flashlight by iHandy

This app especially comes in handy if you have a roommate who likes to go to bed earlier than you. Whether you come back after a late night study session or Silent Disco, you can use the it to turn your iPhone camera into a flashlight that lights up your room while you get dressed or find your computer. No more stumbling around in the dark and trying not to wake your roommate.The app also includes a strobe light and disco light if you would like to turn your flashlight into a party!

4.  Find my iPhone

If you don’t already have this app, you’re in for a treat after the next Bundy party. Just download the app and login to your Apple account. The next time you can’t find your phone after a rough weekend (or just when you think you left it in Commons) load www.icloud.com on your computer. Click on the Find my iPhone link to get an extremely detailed map of campus with a picture of your phone exactly where it is located! You can also use this app for all your other Apple products.

5.   Flashcards+

If you’re sick of carrying around stacks of index cards for every test and final, consider making your flashcards on this app. Flashcards+ is also accessible on your computer through Quizlet, making it easy to type up the flashcards on your laptop and then study them on your tablet or phone. You can save paper and always have your flashcards with you! The app will track the flashcards you’ve studied and will remember how well you do with each particular card, making it a great study buddy.

Courtney is a sophomore at Hamilton College who is majoring Psychology and minoring in Sociology and Spanish. She enjoys tour guiding, writing, and living on the dark side.