Annie Whitehurst ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hamilton chapter.

Name: Annie Whitehurst

Class Year: 2016

Hometown: Aiken, SC

What or who do you consider to be your style inspiration?

Alexa Chung is pretty rad, as is the lovely Jane Birkin. But if I’m at a loss, I’ll sometimes peruse Wit and Delight. Not necessarily for outfit ideas, but the colors can be more of an inspiration. Also, I’d be amiss if I failed to mention my mother and sister. Oh, my grandmother’s stuff is pretty cool too. And llamas. Just kidding!

Favorite place to shop?

I love pieces from Madewell, but I never want to identify my style with one store. I try to accumulate clothes from a wide variety of places.

My style is….

Simple, but not boring, at least I hope not. Blues, grays, polka dots, stripes, and denim are just a few of my favorite things. I also like mixing textures together.

Favorite article of clothing:

I recently inherited a classic Levi’s denim jacket from my sister, who got it from my mother. Before that my dad wore it,  and before that my parent’s best friend wore it in the 70s. It’s pretty much the (sisterhood) of the traveling (jacket). Denim has always been my favorite though. I was obsessed with this denim floral skort when I was little, and this Gap fairy embroidered denim jacket that I still have in my closet, but it’s rather small now. I become attached to my clothes.

What’s your favorite trend?

I’m not too trendy, but I’m excited to wear sandals and paint my toes a pretty color.

Do you have a signature look?

I love wearing my eyeglasses, which I’m starting to wear more as my eyesight worsens.

Kaitlin is an English and Art History double-major at Hamilton College. 
Courtney is a sophomore at Hamilton College who is majoring Psychology and minoring in Sociology and Spanish. She enjoys tour guiding, writing, and living on the dark side.