This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GWU chapter.

After three months of being at school, and what seemed like never-ending tests and papers, Thanksgiving break is finally here! Whether you’re going to a fancy dinner, eating at home with your immediate fam, doing a “Friendsgiving,” or going home to meet your beau’s parents, your outfit choice is essential. The day will be full of food, catching up with loved ones, and celebrating what you’re grateful for – so why not wear something festive? Here are four potential outfits you could wear this Thanksgiving that will wow your friends and family.

If you are going to a fancier dinner, opt for a conservative but cute cocktail dress. Try a long-sleeved lace mini-dress with sheer tights and heels. Even go with the theme of Thanksgiving and pick a cranberry colored dress! Throw on a pair of dangly earrings, and you’ll feel comfortable and fashionable all night.

A casual dinner with your family means that you can wear comfy clothes – but you still want to look cute! Since it’s finally cold outside, why not cozy up in a nice, warm sweater dress? Pair the dress with leather boots to give it a fall feel. Finally, tie the look together with simple jewelry like a nice pair of stud earrings, or some bangles, and you’re good to go.

If your Thanksgiving plans are to stay on campus and have a “Friendsgiving,” impress your friends with something chic and unexpected. Show off your new cool fashion sense by pairing black leather skinny jeans with your favorite ankle boots. Top the outfit off with a trendy fur vest and stud earrings and you’ll have your friends asking for style tips for weeks to come.

Dinner with your boyfriend’s parents, however, is a whole different ball game. You want to look classy and put-together. Skip the trendy clothes and aim for a more grown-up and sophisticated look. Pair a business causal dress with cute flats and a nice statement necklace and you’re good to go.

Whatever your Thanksgiving plans are, remember to dress to impress!