A Weekend of Philanthropy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GWU chapter.

All of the Colonials were out this weekend supporting various causes around campus. Friday night, Greek life supported Alpha Phi’s philanthropy, which was women with cardiac cancer by participating in a dating game. A lucky sorority girl won a date with the King of Hearts and a lucky fraternity member won a date with an Alpha Phi. Saturday afternoon the GW women’s basketball team raised awareness for breast cancer while playing UMASS. Students, families, and friends all came out dressed in pink to help support this amazing cause. During halftime special attention was given to a few brave breast cancer survivors. Also at halftime a special dance presentation was given by the junior colonials.  

Nicole Robert is a senior from North Salem, New York. She transferred from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro, and this is her third year at The George Washington University. She studies International Affairs with a concentration in Global Public Health, and minors in Public Health. A sister of Delta Gamma, Nicole loves to participate in many community service opportunities. She also interns at Washington Life Magazine and works as a hostess at a local restaurant. When Nicole is not studying or working, she is writing blog posts for The Avant Guide, an up and coming fashion company. She credits Pandora and her personal Tumblr for motivation and a creative outlet.