Shelby Goodfriend ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GWU chapter.

Name: Shelby Goodfriend

Year: 2014

Major: Interior Architecture and Design

Hometown: Port Charlotte, Florida

What brought you to GW?

In high school I was involved in Key Club, and one of my friends in the organization introduced me to GW. I looked into and it seemed like a perfect fit!

What organizations are you involved in?

I’m the secretary for Epsilon Sigma Alpha (GW’s only community service sorority) a GPS mentor, and Office Manager for the Advocacy Centers for Students; which includes the Student Association, MCGB, RHA, and Class Council.

How do you juggle schoolwork and all of your other responsibilities?

Compartmentalization: I set aside different and specific times for work, school, and other activities. It is also helpful that a lot of my classes are studio classes, so I get work done during them.

What are your plans after graduation?

I want to go to grad school to become an architect, specifically the University of Virginia.

What would you say is your greatest achievement?

In high school I was a Key Club International Trustee. I was in charge of an organization of 260,000 members along with a board of 10 people.

What is your highest aspiration?

To become an architect and open my own firm.

Melissa Minton is a junior at the George Washington University from New Jersey. She is majoring in Journalism and Mass Communications in the School of Media and Public Affairs. Along with being the Campus Correspondant for HC GWU, Melissa is the Vice President of a community service sorority, Epsilon Sigma Alpha. She has interned at Elle Magazine and hopes to one day write for a top fashion magazine.