To Rush or Not to Rush #GWGirlProblems

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GWU chapter.

With school, extracurricular activities, internships, and jobs, making some “me” time can seem tough, but maybe you are thinking about adding one more thing on your GW bucket list. Not involved in Greek life? Spring Recruitment might be a good way to get started!

Fall rush can be hectic and overwhelming. An entire weekend spent trapped at the Marvin Center might seem like too much. But don’t worry, spring recruitment is fun and much more informal. From my experience of doing rush in the spring of 2012, I would certainly encourage girls to check it out. Although I never thought I would join a sorority, I am blessed to be a part of a group of talented, kind and caring women who I can call my sisters.

Spring recruitment is a good option, especially if you have heard of the different chapters at GW and already know what you are looking for. However, keep in mind that not all chapters host spring recruitment. If you want a taste of every sorority before making a decision, fall recruitment might be the better option. However, if you think you might be a good fit for one of the sororities hosting spring rush (and vice versa), then go for it!

Unlike fall rush, spring rush is much less structured and less time consuming. During spring rush, events often take place at the chapters’ townhouses or specific locations near campus. Parties for spring rush may also last just two hours versus spending hours upon hours at parties during fall recruitment. Fall rush can certainly be challenging. Trying to remain focused and energetic when you have been talking to girls for 8 hours nonstop is not easy! If you think spring rush is for you check out GW Panhellenic Association’s website at www.gwpanhel.com.