In My Opinion- Kim Kardashian Hosting SNL

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GWU chapter.

Full disclosure from the beginning, I am like most Gen. Z, I was quarantined with nothing but acne, online high school, and Tik Tok. So, my humor is a bit broken. For example, I actually laugh every time I see someone singing “Rick and Morty” on a 30 second Tik Tok. Please take this all with a grain of salt. Anyways, here are my hot takes on Kim Kardashian and her SNL appearance.

Starting off strong, I thought her monologue was spot on. I totally did not watch it on Saturday but it was the first thing on my for you page that Sunday morning and it automatically gave me a good laugh to start the day with. Between her comments on her divorce with Kanye West, her jabs at OJ Simpson, and the poking at her mom’s boyfriend, she understood the assignment.

Kim definitely lives out many of our dreams when it comes to her luxurious lifestyle, but I think it’s safe to say that she had all of Gen Z jealous during her kiss with Pete Davidson. Credit to SNL for realizing he is their greatest strength in reaching the younger generation. Having him as MGK showed they knew exactly what they were doing. Kim played the part of Jasmine well. However, my best laughs came from the “The People’s Kourt.”

*Insert footnote- while writing this my computer really wanted to correct the spelling to court, who at Google didn’t get the memo?

Anyways, Kim and her sister’s beef was shown on “Keeping Up with the Kardashians” many times. Honestly though, it does not matter what side you are on, Kim’s impressions are hilarious. I think her impressions are pretty accurate (from the perspective of someone who has literally only watched the show on and off). Their sister rivalry and the content that comes with it is a guilty pleasure of mine, don’t come for me.

In regards to the Bachelorette skit, I have to say it- how is Chace Crawford still that hot? Gossip Girl premiered for the first time over ten years ago and he is still a heartthrob. He also is on a new show apparently- I didn’t catch the name of it, xoxo gossip girl.

While I think Kim K was amazing, there are a few things that I’d like to see next time. Has she forgotten about her smash hit “Jam,” because I haven’t and I would like a live performance. Also where were the juicy tracksuits? Go back to your roots girl, you just got out of a long term relationship. Now is the perfect time to focus on yourself, and tracksuits. So much material, so many more SNL appearances that are needed.

I am very excited to see what other content we get from the Kardashians in the future but I am really hoping there is another SNL appearance coming our way. My final verdict from the People’s Kourt- you’re doing great sweetie.

Hi y'all my name is maddy and I'm a new writer here at GWU! I'm just getting off a gap year and am super excited to get back to school. I am double majoring in political communication and business analytics which I am really enjoying. In my free time, I love exercising, playing with my dogs when at home, and cooking!