david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How To Avoid Being an Outfit Repeater This Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GWU chapter.

Halloween. “In girl world, Halloween is the one night a year when a girl can dress like a total slut and no other girls can say anything about it.” But just because you can, it doesn’t mean you should! Try to keep it classy ladies! And above all, try not to break the bank! Halloween costumes are EXPENSIVE. And as all of the freshmen are soon to find out, this year you need several costumes, not just the one! Luckily for us Halloween falls on a Thursday this year, which means three nights of festivities. Good for you, but not for your bank account. So how can you make the most of your costumes this year? Try to incorporate your every day clothes into your costumes and try to reuse costume articles! Here are some basic ideas:

Little Black Dress

A little black dress can go a long way. You can look like Cat Woman, a witch, a pirate, a flapper or even Audrey Hepburn with the right accessories. The list could go on and on…

Red Leotard

Now, speaking from experience, there’s not much of a difference between a little red riding hood costume and an Olympic gymnast (any member of U.S. team will do). All you need is a red leotard. I got mine from American Apparel. For your little red riding hood costume you can put on a black skirt and buy a red scarf to drape around your head. For the gymnast just throw on a pair of shorts or leggings (leggings on Halloween, what could possibly be better?), throw your hair up in a neat bun, and craft yourself a gold medal. Done.

Little White Dress

Just as a LBD can be used to create several fantastic costumes, so too can a white one. An angel, Marilyn Monroe or Greek goddess… you decide!

So there you have it, several tips to save you time and money while shopping for costumes. Now you have no excuse to wear the same costume twice! Trust me, someone will notice!