Halloween to Christmas: Where did Thanksgiving go?!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GWU chapter.

With the buzz of Halloween finally winding down, we begin the hype for the holiday season. Thanksgiving season, that is! It’s time to get together with family and cook up some delicious pumpkin pies, cranberry sauce, and stuffing.

But wait… Were those Christmas carols I heard this morning at CVS? Are those trees on sale already at Target? C’mon people, let’s not forget about the all-American holiday of Thanksgiving!

Why do we feel the need to rush through the holidays? What happened to the excitement we felt for all the Thanksgiving festivities? Let’s bake some pies, go apple picking, and leaf-jumping! How long has it been since you saw real Thanksgiving decorations in stores? Ages. Let’s use the beautifully colored leaves from outside to add color indoors! Acorns make for adorable table decor!

Thanksgiving is a huge food holiday. So why aren’t people excited to stuff their faces like no other? This is a time to eat lots of turkey, mashed potatoes, and stuffing…and take a recovery nap afterwards. Take that time to alleviate the food coma before the big football game. The smells of Christmas have nothing on the smells of Thanksgiving and while pine tree will always be my favorite smell, who can resist the smell of a freshly baked pecan pie?

So let’s bring back the Thanksgiving hype. Enjoy all your leftover Halloween candy. Embrace the pumpkin spice flavored EVERYTHING. Take down all the Christmas decorations and put them back into storage for a few more weeks. It’s turkey time people!

Photo Sources: Pinterest, MTV.com