books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GWU chapter.

BeyGood Scholarships

On April 17, at 12:00 a.m. Netflixs dropped Homecoming: A Film by Beyonce. In addition, Beyonce release a live studio album the same day. The film takes her fans on a journey of a lifetime that demonstrates the hard work it took to execute her headline performance at Coachella.  Beyonce performance was so epic that the festival nickname became Beychella. Beyonce is all about making the world a better place. She created her foundation called BeyGood to uplift communities around world by providing resources and opportunities. Her organization BeyGood also has awarded more than $1 million scholarships to students across the country.

OTR Scholarship

The BeyGOOD Initiative and the Shawn Carter Foundation awarded more than $1 million in college scholarships during her OTRII Tour. BeyGOOD Initiative and the Shawn Carter Foundation partnered with the Boys & Girls Club of America to provided 11 students in 11 cities.

Lemonade Scholarship

To add to her celebration of the one-year anniversary of LEMONADE, Beyonce announced the creation of her Formation Scholarship award that awarded four female students scholarships who attended the Berklee College of Music, Howard University, Parsons School of Design and Spelman College.

Homecoming Scholarships

Last year, during her incredible performance Beyonce announced she would add an additional four more $25,000 scholarships to her Homecoming Scholars Award Program. The scholarships would be given to students who attended selected HBCU universities.

Thank you Beyonce for inspiring us all to give back to our communities and continue our education.

.

Zaniya is a junior at GW majoring Political Science with a minor in Human Services and Social Justice. She is the Founder/CEO and Executive Director of YesSheCanCampaign a youth-led 501(c)(3) organization that works to provide educational resources and professional development to girls and young women nationwide. She is a Corps Member for Jumpstart and Community Service Chair for GWU Black Student Union. She is a 1,000 Dreams Fund Student Advisory Board Member. Her mission is to inspire others to keep climbing!
Isabella grew up in Boston and is currently a student at The George Washington University studying International Business and Chinese. Her dream job is working as a journalist in New York, and she hopes to travel all over the world and study abroad in Shanghai. You can find her taking walks with her three Labradoodles or doing yoga with friends.