This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GWU chapter.

Valentine’s Day is coming up and I found a solution for those without a partner this year: be your own! There’s no better day to celebrate yourself and shower yourself with love. Here are five easy ways to enjoy a Valentine’s Day for one.

1. Write yourself a love letter 

Appreciate all things you and take the time to write about what makes you who you are. You can do whatever you want with the letter, throw it out, read it in five years, carry it with you, it doesn’t matter. Just take the time to think of what parts of yourself you love.

1. Be good to your body 

Do what makes you feel good! Draw yourself a hot bath, let yourself sleep in, do some yoga, whatever makes YOU feel good. You know yourself better than anyone else could.

1. Write someone a goodbye letter

Use this day to heal! Write an ex or someone that has hurt you a letter, give yourself closure. Take the time to do that hard thing you’ve been putting off because it will hurt. Cut that person off, delete their number, whatever you have to do. Remember, this letter isn’t an excuse to talk to your ex, protect your peace!

1. Have alone time

Having you time is a crucial part of self-love. Spend time hanging out with yourself and get to know yourself better. Sing and dance like no one’s watching, because they’re not! You can run around naked, watch your comfort show, or lay on the floor in a ball. Do whatever makes you feel like your most authentic self. 

1. Surround yourself with love

At the end of the day, it can be hard to give yourself love and feel it. Take some time to check in with the people in your life that make a day like this less sucky. Hang out with friends or family, people that make you feel good. Let them know how much you appreciate them on this day of love.

You don’t need a partner to make your heart full, you have the power to do that all on your own. This Valentine’s Day focuses on you and all the amazing that comes with that. It might feel awkward and uncomfortable at first, but appreciating yourself is always worth it! 

Hi everyone, I’m Carly Silverman from Long Island, New York. I am a sophomore journalism major and am so excited to be apart of the Her Campus community! (They/Them) (She/Her)