burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

A Lazy Girl’s Guide to Fashion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gustavus chapter.

Let’s be honest, as college students we’re often lazy when it comes to our appearance, and that’s okay! However, every girl knows that some of the best days are when your outfit is on point. Personally, when my outfit is bomb, I feel ready to take on the world! As girls, we also know that looking good usually takes time. So here are my tips to be stylish without any extra time or effort.

1. Be bold, not boring. 

Simply wearing a t-shirt and sweatpants every day can get boring real fast. Spice up your look with simple accessories such as scarves, hats, bandanas, a sweatshirt or a jacket.. Wearing a different mix of accessories each day adds some style to your outfit. The best part is you can wear the exact same thing several times, look good, and no one will notice!

2. Roll outta bed ready.  

One of my favorite lazy tricks is to wear my joggers or sweatpants as pajama pants. The night before you have an early morning class wear your sweatpants and any t-shirt you want to bed. The next morning all you have to do is get up add some of the easy accessories from the first tip and some shoes and you’re instantly ready for class!

3. Comfy and cute can go together!

My best trick for looking cute in the fall is wearing lots of patterned leggings and neutral colored sweaters. That way any sweater can go with any pair of leggings, so you can literally get dressed in the dark and still look good. Leggings and sweaters–they are just as easy to put on as sweatpants and a t-shirt and just as comfy but they’re ten times cuter!

4. Dresses are simpler than you think.

Most girls tend to think that wearing a dress means putting in a lot of effort. In actuality, dresses can be quite comfy to wear and they’re SO easy. (Hello, it’s ONE PIECE a.k.a. no matching is required!) A light cotton or knit dress with some leggings is easy, comfortable, and will add more variety to your style.

5. Make use of your secret weapon. 

My absolute favorite thing in my wardrobe is my black leather boots. As you can see, I wore them with every outfit I demonstrated. They are stylish, comfy, waterproof, and practical. A great pair of boots can be worn with anything from lazy morning class garb to something cute and dressy!

Now you can feel free to watch Netflix, sleep in, and not worry about what you’ll wear to class tomorrow! HCXO!