This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Guelph chapter.

Fall is one of my favourite seasons. I love the slight cold breeze and watching the leaves change colour. But the transition into fall is quite sudden. It’s warm one day and the next day the temperature drops down. The sun setting early can also have an impact on your mood and energy levels. Here are some things to try this fall to put yourself in fall spirit!

Source

1. Pot-pourri

Who doesn’t love the smell of baked goods through their home? Instead of buying expensive candles to constantly recreate the smell, try boiling a pot of water with things like cinnamon and orange peels. The steam will easily spread through the area and instantly make the room smell like fall.

2. Reorganize the closet and bed

It’s time to start unpacking all the warm sweaters and scarves that were put away for the summer. Keeping some summer clothes out like tank tops and t-shirts is good to layer with jackets and scarves throughout the season since it’s usually warm in the afternoons and cold by evening. I don’t know about you, but mornings can get super cold especially if you sleep near a window! This is the season to redesign the bed and add things like soft pillows and comforters.

Source

3. Try out a local farmer’s market

Farmer’s markets are not only great in summer but there are also many things to buy in the fall. Picking up things like apples, squash, pumpkins and purple cabbage is a great way to eat local and also meal prep for the week.

4. Go for hike

Hiking on trails can also be great in the fall as long as you stay warm by layering. You get to experience the changing colours up close.

Source

5. Apple Picking

This is a great activity to do with friends. Not to mention the other things that come with apple picking such as, tractor rides, looking at the farm animals, hay mazes and trying out new recipes.

If you’re new to this country and looking to transition into the fall, definitely try out some of these!

Ara Kirtikar

Guelph '21

Living life to the fullest <3
Guelph Contributor Account for writers at the University of Guelph!