Old Websites and Games You Should Check Out Again

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Guelph chapter.

We all get tired of adulting every once in a while (or more). Paying bills, cooking your own meals, doing assignment after assignment – why not take a break and reminisce every once in a while? Here are a few old games and websites for you to check out again on your study breaks! 

1. Club Penguin 

Though Club Penguin shut down in 2017, a non-profit recreation of the game still exists called Club Penguin Rewritten! Club Penguin Rewritten has all of the old minigames and maps from the original game, plus, you don’t have to pay for membership benefits – score!! 

2. Toontown

Like Club Penguin, you will need to play the Rewritten version of Toontown as the game was discontinued in 2013. Toontown is honestly one of my favourites to play, and it’s even better if you can get friends to play with you – you can’t take down those Cog buildings alone! 

3. Poptropica

Poptropica is a lot of fun because there are so many islands and minigames for you to choose from! For a fun little side task, do a speed run of the islands and see how much you remember from when you were a kid!

4. Games2Girls.com

Dress up games, cooking games, makeover games, and more, I know I’m not the only one that spent a lot of time on this website as a kid. With so many games to choose from, you’re bound to find something to enjoy for a little bit in your free time – one of my personal favourites is Penguin Diner!

5. Neopets

Admittedly, of all of the games on this list, Neopets is the one I still visit the most. There are a lot of fun games in the Games Room on this site – some of my personal favourites include IceCream Machine, Toy Box Escape, Fyora’s Quest and Cheat! 

6. Webkinz

As someone that still owns the 30+ Webkinz I had as a kid, I’ve spent my fair share of time on this site in my lifetime. If you can’t remember your old login information (like me) – no biggie! You can make an account without buying a Webkinz now, so you can play all of your old favourite minigames!

Leah is a fourth year Marine Biology student at the University of Guelph and a writer and editor in chief for Her Campus. In her free time she can be found engaging in activities such as reading and writing, drinking iced coffee, playing video games and staring longingly at the dogs she’s not allowed to pet on campus.
Guelph Contributor Account for writers at the University of Guelph!