yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

Halloween Costume Guide for Procrastinators

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Guelph chapter.

Picking out the perfect Halloween ensemble can be a daunting and spooky task. For students, October can be a very overwhelming month filled with midterms, term papers and an abundance of assignments – but what can be even more terrifying than your workload is being invited to a Halloween event and not having a costume to wear! Therefore, I’ve compiled a list of awesome, easy and fun costumes for anyone faced with a Halloween costume disaster!

• Party Animal

Throw on your favorite party dress or fanciest suit, a glass of champagne, and an animal mask! This costume is creative, easy and won’t break the bank!

• Spice Girls

Searching for the perfect group costume to do with your favorite gals? Grab some aprons and print off pictures of your preferred spices, or get creative and draw it out on a Bristol board! Everyone loves a good “punny” costume!

• Smart Cookie

Ever wondered when you were going to wear your graduation ensemble again? Now is your chance! Throw on your cap and gown and pin some pictures of cookies on the front! Another “punny” costume that will give everyone a good laugh!

• The Bachelor/ Bachelorette

Will you accept this rose? Dress to the nines in your best dress or suit, and purchase a rose – real or fake! You can even buy a bundle of roses and hand them out to multiple eligible bachelors/bachelorettes throughout the night!

• French Kiss

Grab a baguette, a black and white striped shirt, maybe even a beret and paint your face in your favorite “Kiss” inspired makeup!

A Criminal Justice and Public Policy major with a love for writing and fashion!  Instagram: Carlyabrahams 
Guelph Contributor Account for writers at the University of Guelph!