10 Quotes to Inspire Your Inner Baddie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Guelph chapter.

I love inspirational quotes that help bring out my inner baddie. Here are 10 quotes I’ve compiled to inspire your inner baddie. The quotes come from a diverse group of people. One of my favourites on the list is Kelly Cutrone; the founder of fashion PR and marketing firm Peoples Revolution. You might be familiar with her if you followed The Hills craze in high school. An inspirational, powerful woman, whose book “If You Have to Cry go Outside and Other Things Your Mother Never Told You”, I read it at least twice a year. I could fill this entire list with quotes from her book but I’ve chosen to include just 2 of my favourite ones. Hope you enjoy, comment which quote on the list is your favourite!

1. “When you’re following your inner voice, doors tend to eventually open for you, even if they mostly slam at first.”  – Kelly Cutrone, If You Have to Cry go Outside and Other Things Your Mother Never Told You

2. “At times the world may seem an unfriendly and sinister place, but believe that there is much more good in it than bad. All you have to do is look hard enough. and what might seem to be a series of unfortunate events may in fact be the first steps of a journey.”  ― Lemony Snicket

3. “When you’re the most happening person at the party, it’s time to leave” –Kelly Cutrone, If You Have to Cry go Outside and Other Things Your Mother Never Told You

4.“No matter where you are in life, you’ll save a lot of time by not worrying too much about what other people think about you. The earlier in your life that you can learn that, the easier the rest of it will be.”  ― Sophia Amoruso#GIRLBOSS

5. “Don’t spend your time on and give your heart to any guy who makes you wonder about anything related to his feelings for you”  ― Greg BehrendtHe’s Just Not That Into You: The No-Excuses Truth to Understanding Guys

6. “There are secret opportunities hidden inside every failure.”  ― Sophia Amoruso#GIRLBOSS

7.”You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide to not be reduced by them” – Maya Angelou, Letter to My Daughter

8. “If you’re frustrated because you’re not getting what you want, stop for a second: Have you actually flat-out asked for it? If you haven’t, stop complaining. You can’t expect the world to read your mind. You have to put it out there, and sometimes putting it out there is as simple as just saying, “Hey, can I have that?”  ― Sophia Amoruso#GIRLBOSS

9. “You get what you give” – Drake, Blessings

10. “Remember always what you set out to get, and please don’t settle for less.”  Greg BehrendtHe’s Just Not That Into You: The No-Excuses Truth to Understanding Guys

Personality of Elle Woods (if she was more bitter and her humour was entirely sarcasm) 
Guelph Contributor Account for writers at the University of Guelph!