Anna Schultz-Junk Food Donut Close Up
Anna Schultz-Junk Food Donut Close Up
Anna Schultz / Her Campus
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

The Her Campus chapter at GSU handed out sweet treats and listened to poppin’ beats in Unity Plaza for their Pink Week tabling event on Feb. 4.

The iconic pink tablecloth attracted many Georgia State students to the Her Campus table at noon on Tuesday. (Not to mention, the delicious Krispy Kreme donuts helped too!)

Spoon Csu-Assorted Doughnuts
Brook Buchan / Spoon
President of Her Campus GSU Moya Leung invited students passing by to join the organization while also encouraging them to munch on a donut between classes! As expected, the donuts were a hit.

“The event was really fun. It was really exciting to interact with GSU students and promote Pink Week!” Social Media Director Courtney Jackson said.

This Pink Week, the chapter focused on the theme of “Women in Music.” And who could be sweeter than the creator of “Sweetener” herself? Nobody! The tabling event called “Sweetener” was plush and pink like the queen of sassy and classy Ariana Grande.

Ariana Blow Kiss
Giphy

Grande’s music is a fan favorite by the majority of girls in the Her Campus chapter, inspiring the theme “Sweetener” after her Grammy award winning album.

The tabling event promo featured a breathtaking photo of Managing Director Sharmaine Francois in a fully Grande-inspired set. The photo, along with all the other promo photos taken for Pink Week, was the inspiring work of Deanna Griffin (@deannaxnicole) YouTube Co-Producer for Her Campus GSU. With luscious braids slicked back into a ponytail and the signature “upside down” pose, Francois and Griffin nailed Grande’s album cover artwork.

“Sweetener” in Unity Plaza was an overall success and left students hungry for more Pink Week events to come.

Thank u, see u next year!

Autumn Boekeloo is an aspiring entertainment journalist living in Atlanta, GA. She is a senior at Georgia State University majoring in Multimedia Journalism and minoring in Women's Gender and Sexuality Studies. The 21 year old will be graduating in December 2021 with a B.A. and several academic awards. Autumn has written for print and online newspapers at Georgia State. She enjoys writing articles about lifestyle, festivals and all things Atlanta. She hopes to work for a magazine one day while pursuing her own blog.
The GSU chapter of Her Campus