Life > Academics

The Problem is Solved by Getting Involved

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

Now that you are back on campus breathing in this fresh new campus air, walking around the newly built green space, and staying 6-feet away from your peers in class, you suddenly realize something. You realize that time is ticking, and you still haven’t participated in a club or activity on campus!

It’s easy to come on campus, do your homework, and not see all that the campus has to offer. Some advice I can give you that may ease your nerves is that it’s never too late to get involved.

Board representing diversity, equity, and inclusion
Julia Oktay

Georgia State offers so many different clubs and organizations that align with whatever interest you may have. GSU has over 500 different organizations, which any student can find on the Panther Involvement Network, aka PIN.

From the Beyond Beauty organization which helps women to embrace their beauty and accept themselves more, to Gaming at State which is a club that connects people around campus who have a love for gaming; there are so many genres of clubs that you can go on PIN to find upcoming events and you can even track involvement!

The main luxury of getting involved on campus is getting the chance to make connections with your peers and meet new friends because I know it gets lonely out there just going to class and all. 

It’s always good to have friends outside of class who are interested in the same notions as you. Not only will you build new connections, but you’ll eventually build up a family foundation that will last forever. So what are you waiting for? Go on PIN, type in keywords that interest you, and get involved!

From the “ghetto” parts of Norfolk, Virginia, to the bright and flashy lights of Atlanta, an upcoming Youtuber Jaiya Brown takes on multiple life challenges to pursue her dreams as a Television Personality. Her bubbly and blunt personality attracts viewers from all around the world to see her keep it “all the way real.” Currently, Jaiya is a senior at Georgia State University studying in Journalism with a concentration in Multimedia Reporting. Jaiya is also with the student news program on campus as an Entertainment reporter to build her reel for internships in Atlanta. Jaiyas also made multiple appearances on her High School student news and entertainment segments as well. Jaiya’s goal is to apply to multiple internship opportunities and work along with celebrities in her field, so that one day, she could see herself on the big screen near you.