This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

Netflix’s own, “The Get Down” is what has social media talking about for new shows to binge watch. Jaden Smith and Shameik Moore are not only getting recognition for their acting chops, but also for their fashion sense. Both men have been featured on GQ’s “12 Looks You Need To See”.  Here’s a some background about the two guys that you will grow to love.  

Shameik Moore is a 21 year old actor, most known for the role “Malcolm”, in the movie Dope. He plays the role of Shaolin Fantastic: the definition of cool and an one man wolf pack. Whenever Moore isn’t acting, he is a musician and an actor. Maybe he uses those outside elements in “The Get Down”? It’s up for you to see. 

At the tender age of 18, Jaden Smith has already accomplished quite a bit in his lifetime. He has always been known to break barriers, social norms, and now gender roles. He plays the role of Marcus “Dizzee” Kipling. Dizzee is the character that has everyone raising their eyebrow.

Overall, the show only has one season available to watch, which means it’s not too late to join the fun. Happy Streaming!

My name is Keyonna Singletary, and I'm a sophomore at Georgia State University with a major of Media Entrepreneurship. My favorite color is green and I am the ULTIMATE gemini! Whenever I'm not at school or working, I spend most of my time at concerts or writing for other sites. My personal blog is eraofkeyonna.com  Peace & Blessings. 
The GSU chapter of Her Campus