This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

As the weather chills and Halloween approaches us, there’s no better way to spend our weekends than bundled indoors, watching the best hair-raising movies with our friends, family, or significant other. I’ll be honest, I’m the worst at watching scary movies and will spend a good portion of the movie covering my eyes (no shame), but there’s just something about the thrill and anticipation while watching the film that keeps me there. The following are some of my favorites that I must watch every October!

“IT”

A classic horror film! IT is about killer clown Pennywise, who preys on young children and comes around every 27 years. A group of kids makes it their mission to stop the clown from returning to their town. I suggest watching both the 1990 version and the 2017 version, as they are both fantastic.

The Conjuring

It starts out with the Perron’s family moving into a farmhouse in Rhode Island with their 5 daughters, which of course, is haunted with spirits that end up possessing various members of the family. It’s your typical paranormal movie full of creepy clocks, slamming doors, exorcisms, and the Catholic Church. If you want to continue following the story, there’s actually a second film out and a third film set to premiere in 2020.

HUSH

This movie is intense! It’s about a deaf and mute author who lives alone in the woods. She’s stalked by a masked man, and he even kills her friend right outside her window while she’s sitting on the couch, but she doesn’t notice because of her disabilities. This whole movie will have you yelling at the screen while she tries to outsmart the killer.

Before the end of October, grab a snack and Trick or Treat yourself to a scary movie night to get you right in the Halloween spirit!

Jacqueline Hernandez is a bilingual fourth year student at Georgia State University, majoring in journalism. After graduation, her ultimate goal would be to move to Los Angeles or New York City to pursue her career as an entertainment journalist. When she is not busy on schoolwork and catching up on the latest Hollywood gossip, she enjoys traveling, attending live music events, and sharing all of her experiences via social media.
The GSU chapter of Her Campus