This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

As we come to grips with our summer (and freedom) being over, and fall semester beginning, we get a bit overwhelmed with book fees, tuition, professors who want us reading from day one, and getting back into the swing of our organizations. Through all of our responsibilities, we tend to forget our appearance, or simply don’t have enough time. But like the saying, when you look good, you feel great! Here are a few basic beauty products to make sure you’re always looking awesome.

Skin: The most important part to looking great is great skin. Besides drinking water to keep your skin glowing, one product you should invest in is Burt’s Bees Body Lotion (US $8.99). This product is natural and contains Royal Jelly, which is a nourishing substance, and is also infused with Natural Mica and Sunflower Oil Aloe. This product makes your skin GLOW Really, your skin will sparkle!

Eyes: One product you always need to brighten up your eyes is mascara. Everyone wants that one mascara that makes their eyes pop by lengthening their lashes, and we’ve found one! Bare Minerals Lash Domination (US $18.00) is the perfect product to make those lashes appear longer without clumping. You’ll get the volume you need from this unique mascara.

Lips: Your lips are arguably the most important thing to keep looking good. It’s the first thing people notice as you talk. We all love MAC, but if you don’t want to spend the $18 on a lipgloss or lipstick, NYX’s Butter Gloss ($US 5.00) is a great alternative! Personally, I love the color “Vanilla Cream Pie”.

Nails: Now we all know how expensive trips to the salon can get. If you want gel it’s extra, if you want your nails cut down, it’s extra. Everything is extra! But we all like nice, neat nails and doing them at home can get messy and frustrating waiting for them to dry. Sally Hansen Nail Polish Strips ($4.59-$9.99) will have your nails cute and fun without any dry time! It’s very simple to apply and they last about a week and a half.

We hope these few basic beauty products help you save time and money, and still look flawless!

Hey there! I'm Krystal, the former 2015-2017 President of Her Campus GSU, and an alumna of Georgia State University. You can now catch me on krystalcaliyah.com. Cheers!
Ashley Drayton is an alumna of Georgia State University, with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Journalism. Since being involved with Her Campus, she was co-founder and president of the GSU chapter, former chapter advisor of 5-8 college chapters, and wrote as a national contributing writer. Her dream job/career is to become a top writer, editor, blogger.