Ashley Dixon ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

Name: Ashley Nicole Dixon

Birthday: February 10

Age: 21

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius

Hometown: Fayetteville, GA

Major: Hospitality Administration; Minor: Music

HC: Why did you choose to come to Georgia State University?

Ashley Dixon: “The hospitality program sold me, there were no other four year universities that had this program at the time. I also wanted to be closer to my family.

HC: What motivated you to get involved on campus?

Ashley D: “I would definitely say my mentors when I first got to Georgia State. They were so involved, they told me it was good to get the experience than to just get good grades. Getting involved also allowed me to focus on my interests not just a career path”.

HC: Which clubs or organizations are you involved with on campus?

Ashley D: “I am currently a BeYou Fitness Student Ambassador and the Date Auction Chair for Alpha Kappa Psi Professional Business Fraternity”.

HC: Where are some of your favorite places on campus?

Ashley D: “My chapter room, Cinefest, and the 4th floor of Aderhold”.

HC: What are some of your hobbies?

Ashley D: “I like to write and read, I like to hang out with friends. Go to concerts and when no one is listening I like to sing”.

HC: Who or what is your biggest inspiration?

Ashley D: “My mother and father, they are very hard working. They will do anything for me, my sister, and those around us; to me that is so selfless. They’ve also taught me that nothing in life will be handed to you, you have to work for everything.

HC: What is your life motto?

Ashley D: “I live by so many things but the one thing that is very relevant to my life right now is this quote; “The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all. You don’t meet a girl like that every dynasty”.”

HC: What are your plans once you graduate from Georgia State?

Ashley D: “I plan to go into music licensing for television, films, and commercials. Either that or work in the hospitality field”.

HC: What was your experience like while running for Miss Georgia State University?

Ashley D: “It was like being a politician, I suppose. You had to sell yourself to people. For me, I had to put my words into action. My platform was Holistic Health for the Mind, Body, and Spirit. I spent my entire campaign providing that experience for students. Whether it was giving out healthy smoothie shots instead of candy or providing inspirational quotes of the day. I wanted to make sure that the students felt like it was for them. The experience was ultimately fun and I also made some great new relationships with my royal court family”.

HC: What makes Ashley different from everyone else?

Ashley D: “I think that I’m brilliant. It’s one thing to be smart, one thing to be witty, it’s just that I feel like I can’t be put in a box. I’m amazing, I’m unstoppable and the only person that can defeat me is myself”.

HC: If you could give every girl in the world a piece of advice what would it be?

Ashley D: “I would say to be yourself, as cliché as it sounds. A lot of times as women we’re either labeled, defined, or assimilated to seem like we’re all alike and we’re not”.

HC: What has been your most memorable moment at Georgia State?

Ashley D: “I would definitely say my time on the Spotlight Programs Board as the director over the Live Entertainment Committee. Overall, my entire junior year, the good and the bad”.

HC: Is there any advice that you would like to give to incoming freshman?

Ashley D: “Come out of your dorm room, come out of the dining hall and after class go explore Atlanta. We go to school in such a beautiful city that has so much to offer, you will miss it if you just sit inside”.

HC: What is the next big thing for Ashley?

Ashley D: “I’m actually going to release my blog on Sunday, October 18, 2015. It’s exciting because I decided on a whim that I wanted to create it. The blog will include everything from inspiration, love and relationships to beauty, health, my life & others life experiences, etc. Stay tuned to find out more at www.runlikemadashley.com !

Hey there Collegiates ,I'm Shana , a Senior at the Georgia State University; majoring in Criminal Justice with a concentration in Legal Studies. I find comfor t more importantly I love what I allow my hands to bring to paper.I thrive on others enjoying my writing pieces , more importanly it motivates me to continue to pursue what I have a passion for." You have to love what you do, to the point that you cannot imagine doing anything else with your life. You have to sleep, breathe and live this. Otherwise you really need to get out, now. And that's not a joke" - Tom Ford
Ashley Drayton is an alumna of Georgia State University, with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Journalism. Since being involved with Her Campus, she was co-founder and president of the GSU chapter, former chapter advisor of 5-8 college chapters, and wrote as a national contributing writer. Her dream job/career is to become a top writer, editor, blogger.