bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

Photo by Denise Karis on Unsplash

The new year is not only a leap year and a new decade but a way to manifest very quickly and easily because there are repeating numbers in 2020. If you don’t already know, numerology plays a huge role in manifesting your goals because each number has a vibration and energy. When numbers are repeated, the power of numbers multiplies as well. Right now, your thoughts are reflecting on your reality. So, why not jumpstart the new decade by further manifesting each and every one of your desires and goals?

1. Meditation

The most effective way to consistently manifest what you want is to do daily meditations. The best time to do so is in the morning when you wake up because your brain is still in a peaceful mindset. In other words, you haven’t taken on the stress of your day so you can get into a meditative state much easier. Find a relaxing place, play meditation music, and take deep breaths with your eyes closed until you can begin to silence your thoughts. Once you’ve done that, you can begin to visualize your desires. Use this as a way to “daydream”. The more detailed your visualizations are, the clearer your intent is with the universe. 

2. Scripting

Scripting is a fantastic way to manifest. When you write something down, it creates intention. When you place the words “I am” before your affirmation, it begins to reflect itself into your reality. Keeping a really cute journal by my bed is my favorite way of scripting. As weird as it sounds when you use a scripting journal your intentions feel more official and real than say, using a piece of paper. Your affirmations can be literally anything. For me personally, I use daily affirmations like “I am beautiful”, “I am financially free”, and “My heart is open to receiving love”.

Photo by Jaime Handley on Unsplash

3. Speaking Into Existence

Be careful what you say because manifestation also occurs when you speak outwardly about absolutely anything. The universe doesn’t know a joke from something serious. It just reflects what you think about the most and the things you are passionate about. If you declare every day that you are broke, then you will continue to be so. Instead, say things out loud like “I am wealthy” and “I have more than enough abundance”. Keep saying it until you believe it and you will receive it. Doing mirror work is also very effective in saying your affirmations. If you aren’t aware of mirror work, it’s simply standing in a mirror and making eye contact with yourself as you declare your desires.

4. Living “As If”

I’m a hopeless romantic.I’m not even going to lie, I use manifestation techniques to accept love into my life. One of my favorite quotes is “don’t live life looking for love, but live as though you’ve already found it”. If you live your life as if you’ve already received your desires, they will be manifested. Basically, if you focus on the fact that you don’t have something, you will continue to lack it. If you act like something is already yours, you’re sending out a vibration that matches that specific desire.

With intentional thinking and visualization, you can manifest the life you desire. It just takes patience and learning. Don’t be discouraged if you don’t get the hang of it at first. And always start with smaller manifestations to strengthen your abilities.

Have fun manifesting in the new decade!

Hey! I'm a third-year-student at Georgia State University (Atlanta) studying to receive a bachelor's of interdisciplinary studies in creative media and entrepreneurship. l'm super into street fashion, art, interior decorating, photography, and all things alike. I own an urban clothing line @triple8love. You can catch me on Instagram @butterflydiors. :)
The GSU chapter of Her Campus