This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

If you’re interested in getting into the world of K-Dramas or if you’re looking for a good drama to binge then look no further than “Vincenzo.”

WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD!

Vincenzo Cassnova, I mean Cassano, is a Korean/ Italian lawyer. What makes Vince so special is that he is not just your average lawyer but he is THE lawyer for the Italian Mafia called The Consigliere. Through some totally “legal” business deals, Vince ends up in South Korea to collect his part of the deal.

Besides cashing in on a golden opportunity, Vince found himself among a group of uniquely special people that went on to make a lasting impact on his life.

If there ever was a K-Drama I could watch over and over again, and still feel the same rush of excitement, this is it. Here’s why you should watch “Vincenzo”.

Vincenzo is not your stereotypical good guy.
Vincenzo, played by Song Joong-Ki, is not a good guy by any means. If anything, Vincenzo is more of an anti-hero. He functions in the grey area of ethicality. He has done really bad things but for good reasons. Vince has killed a lot of people for the mafia but when you look at why he did it…. let’s just say don’t get on his bad side.

Vincenzo will challenge your beliefs on what good and bad look like.
As I said before Vincenzo is not a model citizen but he does some good. There are a few characters like him in this drama who bend the law for good. Often we see good and bad as being one dimensional, but this drama challenges that and makes us root for people who aren’t necessarily good people with good intentions.

The Female Lead
Lawyer Hong Cha-Young is played by Jeon Yeo-been. She is a riot and a downright badass. Out of all the female leads I’ve seen in K-Dramas, she has to be in my top 3. Jeon as Hong Cha-Young is funny and takes no BS. She, like Vincenzo, works in the grey area of ethicality. Are all her decisions good ones? No. But does she use the law to ultimately help people? Yes.

Vincenzo is actually very funny.
When I first started to watch “Vincenzo”, I didn’t expect it to be as funny as it was. There were many times when watching the drama I was crying laughing. The comedic timing of all the characters, even Vincenzo, was spot on and delivered every time.

Besides being funny, “Vincenzo” is filled with it’s fair share of action too!
Now, I did expect to see action in this drama. But believe it or not, the action will leave you holding your breath. It will also surprise you who is delivering the action in the drama. Let’s just say the residents of Geumga Plaza can hang with the best of them.

THE CLIFF HANGERS!!
The cliffhangers in this drama will have you on the edge of your seat. It’s filled with plot twists that are so juicy and spicy, that when the episode is over you’re like “What! That’s it?!?!” Luckily all the episodes of “Vincenzo” are out and on Netflix. No waiting for episodes here!

The Geumga Plaza Residents
Each unique and special in their own way, the residents of Geumga Plaza add so much to the drama. They all have their own stories and motivations that pull you in and make you care about them. They all have a unique quality they bring to table.

Vincenzo” will have you in your feelings.
Along with the humor and action, “Vincenzo” will also have you mad and crying at the same time. The drama does an amazing job of getting you emotionally involved. As you’re watching you become invested in what happens to your favorite characters, you start to feel what they feel.

Villains so bad, you love them
The villains in “Vincenzo” will have you yelling at the TV. Jang Han-seok and Choi Myung-hee are dastardly evil and wicked. Yet the actors that play them are phenomenal in their roles. You will love to hate them.

Iconic Lines
Many of the lines delivered in Italian by Vincenzo are iconic. The lines “Questo edificio e mio” (This building belongs to me) and “Un diavolo scaccia l’altro” (It takes a devil to drive out another devil) really planted themselves in my head.

“Vincenzo” is truly a wonderful K-Drama. If this list can’t convince you to watch, then I’ll leave
you with some words courtesy of Mr. Cassano, “Il rimorso è la peggior punizione in vita” which translates to “Regret is the most painful thing you can experience in life”.

Olivia Johnson is an aspiring entertainment/lifestyle journalist from Atlanta, GA. She is a graduate student at Georgia State University majoring in Communication with a concentration in Digital Media Strategies. Olivia has written online content for Society 19, an online art magazine called The Venus and during her time at Columbus State University, The Saber, now called The Uproar. She enjoys writing articles about lifestyle, movies and TV and all things pop culture. She hopes to one day own her own entertainment /lifestyle magazine called Evolve.