Wellness > Sex + Relationships

10 Date Ideas to FALL for in Georgia With Your Boo

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

It’s finally Fall AND it’s October – the most beautiful and coziest time of the year. Believe me when I say Fall is my favorite season and October is my favorite month. From the leaves changing to warm colors, the cool breeze, festivals, scarves, pumpkin spice lattes and Halloween movies, it doesn’t get any better! Can it? Did I mention Fall is full of fun and romantic activities, especially in Georgia? Whether you decide to stay inside, go outside, save your bucks, or spend a check and get it right back, there are plenty date ideas to fall for in Georgia with your boo. Spice up the relationship or make the most of cuffing season with with these date ideas in mind.

Binge Watch Halloween Movies/TV Shows

There’s nothing better than cuddling and snuggling with bae in some blankets and pillows on a chilly night with popcorn or a cup of hot chocolate. Get extra cozy and watch the best and your favorite Halloween movies such as Hocus Pocus, Halloweentown, Casper the Friendly Ghost, or a scary movie like The Conjuring or Nightmare on Elm Street. During this time of year, I like to binge watch television shows like Vampire Diaries and The Walking Dead.Visit a County Fair/Fall Festival

Visiting a county fair or fall festival is so much fun. This is what the autumn season is all about in Georgia. The best fairs and festivals come to town for you and your significant other to play games, ride the Ferris wheel, eat a funnel cake and even enjoy a hayride if it’s there. There’s the Georgia State Fair at Atlanta Motor Speedway, the North Georgia State Fair, and the Georgia National Fair in Perry. In Georgia, almost each county or city host a festival. Arts in the Heart take place in Augusta, the Helen Octoberfest, and much much more. You can even go to Six Flags Over Georgia for Frightfest. Check out this website to find more info on fairs and festivals in Georgia! 

Weekend Getaway or Day Trip

Maybe it’s just me but I LOVE going on day trips and weekend getaways during Fall. Take the time to go on a small roadtrip in the state and visit a city that you’ve never been to before. There are a lot of small towns in Georgia with the perfect scenery for you and someone special to enjoy. Those areas are blooming with fall colors everywhere. Get your playlist ready, roll the windows down, and enjoy the autumn view on your trip. 

Jack-O-Lanterns! Carve & Decorate Pumpkins 

After you visit the pumpkin path or farmers market, it’s time to carve the pumpkin and decorate. Make it competitive if you want and have a pumpkin carving contest between you two. Not competitive? Carve one pumpkin together and design it. After a fun and chill night in the house carving the biggest pumpkin, sit it outside the door to bring some Halloween spirit. Use the pumpkin seeds for baking if you like!

Get Spooked at a Haunted House/Ghost Tour

Are you scared yet? If not, get spooked at a haunted house or go on a ghost tour in Georgia. Savannah Georgia is known to have the best ghost tours with the best ghost stories. I’ve taken a ghost tour before and trust me, you’ll want your boo to be right next to you when you’re feeling froggy. Get close to your love as you guys walk through a spooky haunted house at night. By the end of the night, you guys will be closer than ever. 

Chef It Up in the Kitchen 

Chef it up with your partner in the kitchen! You can cook a warm meal like some chilli, soup, stew, or a yummy casserole for you guys to enjoy. You could even bake deliecious fall dessert items like a candy apply, cookies, apple pie or pumpkin pie. Decorate cupcakes and cake pops with fall-themed items. Baking and decorating desserts always puts me in the best spirit! Take the opportunity to make a new dish you’ve never tried before. Besides, baking on date night is perfect when you tummy is satisfied. 

Bike Ride in the Park 

The park is the perfect scenery for a nice cool day surrounded by pretty colorful leaves. Take a bike ride in the park with that very special person. Not only are you two spending time together, but you’re getting a bit of exercise. Take a bike ride a piedmont park during this time of year. The trees are stunning, the pond looks so peaceful, and the view of the city eye-catching. Did I mention the park is free too? A free date! Camping Trip/Hike

Grab a tent, snacks and cuddle with your love by a warm toasty fire created by the two of you. During the autumn season, its not to hot or too cold. Go on a camping trip, and take a hike through the trails or in the mountains the next day. If it’s cold at night, bring a warm drink and marshmallows to roast by the fire. There are plenty camping sites in Georgia. You could visit the Blue Ridge Mountains or Tallulah Falls. 

Visit Farmers Market or International Grocery Store

You can never go wrong with a visit to the pumpkin patch during this time of year. Maybe, there isn’t one near you. Visit a farmers market or international grocery store. Georgia has plenty farmers markets for you to visit. As a child, I use to love visiting the farmers market during autumn because it wasn’t too hot to be outside for a long period of time. Enjoy the nature while you’re shopping and open your eyes to a variety of food items and recipes to taste & make for the season. You may even find a corn maze and apple picking opportunities while you’re there. 

Football Game/Tailgating 

Football is hands-down the most popular sport in Georgia. Watch you favorite Georgia team (if you have one) in an entertaining game of Football. You and someone special can catch a high school team, the Falcons at the Mercedes-Benz Stadium or your alma matter playing on the field. Homecoming is also during the Fall season and usually in October. So, it’s the perfect time to catch a homecoming football game. If you’re anything like me and you don’t really care to watch Football, just go to the tailgate! Although I don’t care to watch Football all day and all weekend, tailgating is fun! Enjoy good company with food, drinks, and games!

October is so full of warm, cozy, fun, and romantic date ideas. Every year, I can always find something exciting and new to do. Too bad the autumn season doesn’t last all year round (I wish). So enjoy the colorful leaves and cool breeze while it last before winter weather sneaks up on us. Although it may still feel like it’s Summer, enjoy the Fall festivities with your boo. These dates are sure to not only make you and your boo fall for Georgia, but keep falling for each other. What Fall activities do you enjoy with your boo or in another state?

Macy is a graduating senior at Georgia State University, majoring in Criminal Justice with a minor in African American Studies. She holds an executive position as the Public Relations and Recruitment Chair for the National Society of Collegiate Scholars at GSU. She is also a member of the Pi Chapter of Alpha Kappa Psi Professional Business Fraternity. Macy wanted to return to her first passion....writing. One of her goals is to share her experiences, wisdom, and information she's learned in her college studies on a platform such as Her Campus. In her free time, she loves volunteering, watching YouTube vlogs, reading Essence magazine, listening to 90s R&B and Neo-Soul, and traveling.