Reactions to the Roses: Week 6 Recap

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gonzaga chapter.

This week we started off with Ben and Olivia having a chat. All the girls were sure Olivia was going home, but unfortunately that wasn’t the case.  This means this episode can only be full of crazy.

Jennifer sadly gets eliminated and the rest of the crew heads out to the Bahamas!

Caila gets the first one on one, which sends Leah crying in the bathroom.  Her reaction is actually pretty accurate and I think any normal person would react the same way.  Unfortunately, most people who go on the Bachelor aren’t “normal” people, so the girls just think she’s overreacting.  Leah sadly has to go on a group date this week (Poor girl..you don’t get any airtime…we all know you aren’t the one).

On the date with Caila, Ben asks her to open up and she says she thinks she is in love with him.  Then she says she is afraid and doesn’t think she’ll be able to open up to him and is afraid to hurt him.  Yet at the same time, she says she feels understood and is falling in love…what?!  The entire conversation had me like:

Caila still gets the rose though. 

The next day the girls go on a group date where they feed pigs in the ocean.  The pigs are surprisingly aggressive.  The girls seem genuinely scared and Ben says he feels like this is the most awkward group date yet.  From the editing, we can tell that Ben does a poor job of spreading his time evenly.  I can only imagine how much worse this date would have been if Olivia had been there!  Leah tells him her feelings about being left out and Ben doesn’t do much to assuage her fears of going home.  During the cocktail party, Ben tries to make the women more comfortable (I feel like that is the second most used line in Bachelor history, next to Chris Harrison’s “most dramatic season ever”).

The real drama starts when Leah tells Ben that Lauren B. is different in the house than when she is with Ben.  Lauren B. is completely thrown off guard and I am questioning her nice girl appearance now.  However, Leah completely denies saying anything when Lauren is crying!

I am shocked at how two-faced Leah is.  Clearly the girl knows that she isn’t going to be lasting much longer and she has to take the girls on the top down with her.  Leah’s plan completely backfires when she goes to see Ben to get him to send Lauren B. home and instead BEN SENDS LEAH HOME.  I guess it doesn’t pay to be a backstabber. 

Next up, the two-on-one with Emily and Olivia.  Both girls should be nervous because they are on the chopping block this week.  They start with a boat ride to a private island where things get even more awkward.  Ben and Olivia go off where she says their love is “all consuming, ever present” and she tells him she is in love with him.  Yep she went there.  This girl is even crazier than I thought!  Ben’s face is shocked when she says that and you can tell he seems kind of uncomfortable.  Maybe I’m just reading into it, but I think that girl needs to GO.  Emily tries to open up to Ben and the audience knows Ben is into her because of the chirpy music in the background.  Ben ultimately gives the rose to Emily and OLIVIA GOES HOME.  As my Bachelor party screamed aloud, I knew millions of women everywhere were glad to see the crazy Olivia go (much like when Tierra left on Sean’s season). 

Ben cancels the cocktail party, which makes both Laurens and JoJo nervous.  Caila, Emily and Amanda already have roses.  Becca, JoJo and Lauren B. get the roses and Lauren H. heads back to the States. 

This week was crazy, much like the weather, and I am glad that all of the crazies are OUT OF HERE.  Now we can watch Ben fall in love!  I hope you all enjoyed my Reactions to the Roses and I’ll see you back here next week with more drama! 

Macy Conant

Gonzaga '18

Student and Correspondent at Gonzaga University from Denver, Colorado. Major: Communications. Loves writing blogs posts, reading, spending time in little coffee shops, mentoring high school girls and wearing bright red lipstick. 
Natalie is a co-campus correspondent at Gonzaga University. She is currently a sophomore studying public relations with a minor in writing. Her ultimate life goal is to write and publish a best seller. Aside from the runnings of Her Campus Gonzaga, Natalie enjoys reading, shopping, Netflix, volunteering, and hanging out with her friends.