books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash

Celebrating Christmas on Campus!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gonzaga chapter.

The most stressful week of the year is upon us, and the entire campus seems like it has fallen into a frenzy.  With students trying to turn in their last minute projects, turn in those final extra credit assignments, and pushing to bring that 89 up to 90, we seem to forget that it is the most wonderful time of the year.  Although it’s extremely important to work for those good grades, it’s also important to make time for yourself and celebrate the holidays. 

Because we are on campus and the entire university seems to have been taken over by finals, it may seem difficult to find ways to celebrate the holidays.  But, here are a few tips and tricks to get in the Christmas spirit!

1. Wear a Christmas sweater to your finals! 

There’s nothing better than ugly Christmas sweaters to keep you warm when it’s cold and snowy out, so go to the thrift store and find a sweater that suits your fancy!  Not only will it brighten your own Christmas spirit, I guarantee you will get lots of smiles and compliments as you walk into class. 

2. Set up a Christmas tree in your living space! 

Whether big or small, a Christmas tree with lights and ornaments will be a nice thing to come home to after a long day of finals.

3. Take a break and watch Christmas movies with your friends. 

Nobody can study for the entire weekend without breaks, so be sure to take a break to watch a classic film like A Christmas Story or a laugh out loud comedy like Elf! There’s no better way to de-stress and take your mind off of finals than laughing and singing along to some classic movies. 

4. Treat yourself to a holiday drink at Starbucks in Hemmingson

A classic Peppermint Mocha or Eggnog Latte will be sure to warm you up as you walk from studying in the library to a test in Jepson on these snowy December days.

5. Play Christmas music in your living space as much as you can! 

Often times when studying we listen to music anyway, so why not get into the Christmas music and play some Jingle Bells or Santa Baby.  You can’t go wrong with Christmas music, and everyone around you will want to join!

These are just a few tips to help you get through finals and stay in the holiday spirit! Remember Zags, just one more week until we get to be home and surrounded by family, friends, and loved ones.  Keep up the good work! 

Sociology major and wanting to help make the world a better place!
Macy Conant

Gonzaga '18

Student and Correspondent at Gonzaga University from Denver, Colorado. Major: Communications. Loves writing blogs posts, reading, spending time in little coffee shops, mentoring high school girls and wearing bright red lipstick.