Best Streaming Services for College Students

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gonzaga chapter.

When it comes to down time, lots of people watch TV shows and movies to pass the time. Finding cheap and affordable options are often the hardest part! Here is a list of some of the best options for college students:

Amazon Prime Student:

Time Free: 6 months

Cost after: $49 per year

Benefits: This not only give you access to thousands of shows and movies, it also includes free shipping, storage of photos, use of original audio series from audible, and special deals and promotions.

Netflix:

Time Free: 1 month

Cost after: $9.99 per month

So many shows are on Netflix now. Find a few friends and share a Netflix account to keep the price down. Netflix is probably the most common site to watch shows on and therefore is the most popular as well.

Spotify & Hulu:

Cost: $4.99 per month

That’s roughly the cost of a cup of coffee! Along with that, Spotify Premium now includes Hulu without costing anything extra. Hulu offers hundreds of shows, and allows you to access the most recently released ones just days after their release. Spotify Premium is another bonus in this, being able to listen to almost any song as many times as you want.

HBO:

Time Free: 1 month

Cost: $9.99 per month

HBO has some shows that are not accessible otherwise, such as Game of Thrones, True Blood and Westworld. If you really want to binge, you may only need to subscribe for one or two months.

Happy binge-watching everybody!