10 Reasons Why Bridget Jones is Your Spirit Animal

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gonzaga chapter.

Although the 2001 romantic comedy Bridget Jones’s Diary, staring Renée Zellweger, is now fifteen years old, it’s spirit still lives on with the recent release of the sequel Bridget Jones’s Baby.  I would recommend seeing the movies in order, but nonetheless they are definitely worth watching!

1. You wish you could drink as much alcohol on a weekly basis

2.  You’ve had your fare share of awkward encounters with men

3.  On occasion, you can swear like a truck driver 

4.  You have parents who can be slightly suffocating sometimes  

4.  We all struggle with our own body-image problems

6.  You have amazing coworkers and friends who always have your back

7.  You enjoy documenting your life (whether that’s via social media, or keeping a personal diary)

8.  You can admit when your life isn’t going as planned

9.  You wish your life had a theme song (but maybe a slightly less depressing one)

10.  You never give up hope that “The One” is out there

Kristen Jost

Gonzaga '19

Kristen is a senior at Gonzaga University studying a communication and promotion. She is a social media coordinator for her chapter as well as an executive board member and founding member. After college, she hopes to travel before settling down to work for a marketing firm that specializes in sports and higher education branding. Her hobbies include: watching sporting events, wandering around book stores, drinking too much coffee, discovering new places, and staying active outdoors.