This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gettysburg chapter.

As a fan of the Jonas Brothers, I was ecstatic (to say the least) when they announced at the beginning of February that they would be releasing a song on the 24th. This was great news because as exciting as the album announcement was, I also knew how hard it was going to be to wait for the release in May. As we got closer and closer to February 24, I got more and more excited. I am a little embarrassed to say this, but I was actually debating whether or not I should stay up until midnight to hear it right when it was released or if I should just get up early. I eventually made the decision to get up early and listen to it in the morning and it truly was a magical morning. Let’s just say, I listened to it more than one time. They released “Wings” at midnight on the 24th. It is one of their shorter songs, so in my opinion, it is easy to listen to three times in a row. 

I personally love the song. In their promotion of the new album arriving in May, the Jonas Brothers keep calling this upcoming music a “new era,” and I am extremely excited for what that will be. Since I see this released song as a tease for the upcoming album, I can confirm I am even more excited. If this song is a sign of what is to come, the other songs are bound to be incredible. It sounds silly, but I really think their voices sound so good in this song. There are moments where they go for the higher notes, and I love it. Also, at thirty-seven seconds into the song, the music sounds so cool and unlike what we have previously heard from their music. If you do not listen to the whole song, definitely just go to the thirty-seven second point. It’s worth it. I additionally have to say that the lyrics are beautiful as well. I am loving the vibes from this song and all of the vibes that surround the upcoming album, and I am trying my best to contain my excitement. I think we are about to witness some real magic in this “new era” of the Jonas Brothers, so cheers to that. 

Mary James

Gettysburg '23

Gettysburg College '23 WGS Major Education and English Minor Coffee Connoisseur