This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gettysburg chapter.

Need something fun to read as the weather gets cold? Want to binge read an entire series in one week while ignoring all of your school work? Here are 5 upcoming books from fabulous series that you have to get your hands on!

Wayward Son- September 24

The sequel to Rainbow Rowell’s Carry On has been highly anticipated by so many people. The first book followed Simon Snow, the ‘chosen one’ who is forced to room with a broody vampire at a school of magic. With plenty of action, LGBT representation, and well-developed characters, this sequel has a lot to live up to! 

The Toll- November 5

Neal Shusterman has climbed to the top of the New York Times bestseller list many times. The Toll is the final book in the Arc of a Scythe series, and waiting for it since the cliffhanger in the previous book has been torturous. The series takes place in a future where death has been eradicated, so to maintain the population balance, Scythes are trained to randomly kill other people. This causes some huge moral dilemmas and political manipulation.

Supernova- November 5

Supernova is the final book in the Renegades series. Every book in the series is impossible to put down. With superpowers, romance, secret identities, and political extremists, it’s understandable why fans want this book yesterday. If you want a great action series to binge, this is your best bet!

Queen of Nothing- November 19

Holly Black has been taking traditional fantasy and turning it on its head. Her tales about coups, spies, forbidden love, fairies, magic, and evil mermaids remind us more of the Brothers Grimm than Walt Disney. If you have any interest in fantasy or medieval-style courts, then this series is a must read, and this book promises to bring it to a magnificent end. 

The Testaments- Released

The long awaited sequel to The Handmaid’s Tale is finally here! While many critics agree that the original book is better, this one still provides readers with amazing new characters, world-building, and a different perspective of the world of Gilead. The Handmaid’s Tale has been hailed as a feminist novel for years, with a focus on women’s rights and bodily autonomy. Not only is it an important read, fascinating TV show, and culturally significant, it is also well done!

There are so many more books than just these coming out! The important thing is to find something you love and then read it!

Adrienne Poissant

Gettysburg '22

Adrienne is a senior at Gettysburg College studying political science and religious studies. Besides being a Campus Correspondent, she is involved in the wind symphony, Model United Nations, and enjoys reading and writing for fun!