This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gettysburg chapter.

I joined Her Campus at Gettysburg at the end of 2022. I had seen the Instagram page and I became very interested, so I reached out to our club leader and she helped me set up an account. At that moment, I had no idea how impactful this experience was going to be for me. I can truly say that I have loved every minute that I have been a part of Her Campus. I loved writing articles, I loved reading other articles, I loved the group meetings, and I loved getting the opportunity to meet the other members of the Her Campus club at Gettysburg. Every week that I have been in the club, I have looked forward to the weekly meetings. 

I’m a little embarrassed that I’m a bit emotional about this being my final article. I never knew if I was a good writer or not, and I guess I still don’t know, but what I do know is that I love writing and writing for this club really became an outlet for me. I found myself writing in the moments of the semester that were particularly stressful. Getting the chance to write articles has been such a gift and has really made me so happy. I will genuinely miss writing and submitting articles to be published. It has been really fun. 

I also want to take time to thank all the members of the Her Campus chapter at Gettysburg. To the members: You have all been so wonderful to get to know. I have loved talking with you at the meetings and events. I am so grateful to all of you and hope that we can stay in touch. 

I write this final article before graduating with only one regret, which is that I didn’t join the club sooner. Other than that, I feel so beyond grateful to have had this opportunity. 

I want to end this article saying that I was hesitant to join this club at first and to write articles to be published because it was something I had never done before. However, looking back, I am so glad that I did and that I pushed myself outside of my comfort zone to try something new. This has truly been one of the most meaningful experiences I have had and I am so grateful to be able to say that I have learned so much from being part of Her Campus at Gettysburg and I have met so many wonderful people. I am so full of joy and gratitude when I think of the memories I have made and the experiences that I have had since joining this club. Thank you Her Campus Gettysburg for welcoming me into the club and for this incredible experience, I’ll be forever grateful. 

Mary James

Gettysburg '23

Gettysburg College '23 WGS Major Education and English Minor Coffee Connoisseur