Kate Helmstetter Is A Real Go-Getter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gettysburg chapter.

Year: Sophomore 

Major/minor: Psychology 

Hometown: Chatham, NJ 

Activities: AOII (Chapter Historian), Student Senator & co-Chair of the Student Senate Academic Affairs Committee, Sophomore Class Treasurer, Leadership Mentor at the Garthwait Leadership Center, Psychology Research Assistant. 

Astrological Sign: Virgo (born on the Leo/Virgo cusp) 

Relationship Status: Single

Television Spirit Animal: Blair Waldorf (Gossip Girl) 

Q & A 

What is your favorite thing about being in AOII? The other women! AOII is so diverse and is full of amazing, intelligent women who are passionate about AOII and everything else they’re involved in. AOII is home to 80 of the sweetest souls I’ve ever met. 

Which of the places that you’ve traveled is your favorite? Munich, Germany. Bavaria is a winter wonderland at Christmas-time. 

What would you describe as your perfect meal? Big, greasy, and largely potato-based. I’m talking mashed potatoes, disco fries (french fries with mozzarella and brown gravy), and fried chicken. 

If you had unlimited knowledge and supplies, what would you invent? A pocket-sized teleportation device. Driving is boring and takes too much time. 

If you could have any accent other than your natural accent, what would it be? Irish. It’s so fun! 

If you could learn any new skill, what would it be? I would love to be fluent in French. 

If you could have any career without worrying about money, what would it be? An actress. 

If you were a Starbucks beverage, what would you be? Venti low-fat chai latte with an extra pump of chai. 

Originally from the Greater Los Angeles Area, Nicole is a sophomore at Gettysburg College with a major in English with a Writing Concentration and a Political Science Minor. She is iinvolved in choir, a cappella, and the literary magazine on campus. Her favorite food is shrimp fried rice, her favorite book of all time is F. Scott Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby and she loves corgis and cats.