Wellness

Here is a reminder to make self care part of your spring break 

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gettysburg chapter.

With Spring Break quickly approaching, I feel like it can be easy to plan to do so many things. Having time off from school can lead to traveling, a staycation, and many other kinds of adventures. Some people might also have to do school work that they either did not do before or want to get ahead on. Either way, I think it is really easy to have a super busy spring break because everyone wants to do everything they feel like they cannot get done while in the rhythm of a typical school week or day. However, here is a small reminder to make self-care part of your spring break. It does not have to be anything extreme or expensive. It does not even have to be time-consuming; it can be the simplest thing. I say this because over the past couple of weeks, I have definitely been feeling burnt-out from school work and I know how easy it is for me to forget to do simple things for my own self-care. Because of this, I know I need to get better at my own self-care routine. For example, I need to be better about staying hydrated, I want to meditate more, and I want to make time for things I enjoy so that I am not only doing schoolwork. 

The great part about self-care is that it can be incorporated into most other activities. So, if you find yourself traveling a lot over break or if you are staying in one place, self-care is doable in both scenarios. Remember to take care of yourselves because everything can get so busy and it is so easy to forget the basic things that benefit us so much and actually help us to be more productive and accomplish our goals. I hope everyone has a spring break that is fun, exciting, restful, restorative, and includes self-care. 

Mary James

Gettysburg '23

Gettysburg College '23 WGS Major Education and English Minor Coffee Connoisseur