This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gettysburg chapter.

Down in the costume shop of Klein Theater live three particular mannequins, without whom the costumes for all the productions performed there would have taken just that much longer to make. So, let’s get on in there and meet these guys!

Names?  Ned, Alecia (pictured below), and Perry (pictured above)

Image via Author

Hometown?

Honestly, who can even remember any more? Certainly none of the people who work here. No, it’s all work and no play for us. No one truly cares about all the hard work we do.

Ignore her. She’s melodramatic.

Relationship Status?

Um, I think that we’re all single. Don’t get much opportunity to meet knew mannequins, ya know?

It’s the perfect example of the suffering of life!

What activities are you involved in?

Well, we basically hold up the costume pieces here in shop when people need to check the overall look or pin some trim or apply any other number of details.

Hogwarts house?

Capricorn, of course!

Um, I don’t think that’s what they were asking. Remember, Hogwarts houses are from that series that they talk about a lot. We’ve had debates on this before. Remember? I’m a Hufflepuff.

Ravenclaw. Next?

Image via Author

What’s your favorite animal?

Anything that doesn’t want to eat me or use me as a jungle gym. Next?

What’s your favorite season?

NOT summer! It’s always too lonely here and the rain makes everything so much more musty than before. It’s truly awful!

Ok. That’s definitely an exaggeration.

What’s your favorite part of working in the costume shop?

Oh! Definitely when it’s time to catalog costumes or update the catalog. It’s so much fun to get to try on all the costumes for the pictures!

What’s your least favorite part of working in the costume shop?

When people who have never worked with me bore try to put garments on without pushing in my shoulders. I do that for a reason! You’re never gonna get the shirt on if you just keep trying to force it on!

Um, I think all of it?

If you had an unlimited amount of money to spend, what you use it on?

Oh, I’d defo get some new upholstery.

If you could have lunch with anyone from history or present, who would it be?

If I could have lunch with that one student from a few years ago who ALWAYS put the pins in way too deep and bent them. I’d give them a piece of my mind!

Abraham Lincoln!

For once, yeah. I’d have to agree. Abraham Lincoln.

Cover Image via Author

Zoe Philippou

Gettysburg '20

(she/her) From Arizona, Zoe is officially a Psychology and Anthropology double major, a German minor, and an unofficial a Theater inhabitor. She loves all thing having to do with culture or really just people in general. She's also a huge nerd who loves crafts.