The 5 Stages of Grief: Computer Edtion

We all hope that we are never there.  You have all of your notebooks out and ready, you have your charger all plugged in, the snacks at the perfect distance from you and then it happens.  Your computer will not turn on.  You have midterms coming up, papers due, but no way of doing them.  This happened to me this week, and like everyone else, I went through the 5 Stages of Grief: Computer Edition.

1.  Denial

Image via:  Giphy

"Maybe the computer just needs to be charged," I told myself. " Maybe all I have to do is plug it in and leave it for a while.  Maybe G-Tech can help me."

2.  Anger

Image via Giphy

I couldn’t believe that this was happening.  And during midterms!  This is when I called my mom and complained on the phone.

3.  Bargaining

Image via Giphy

If you start to work, I will never let you lose a charge again.  I will even clean out the keyboard!

4.  Depression

Image via Giphy

I can’t even watch Netflix.  All I can do is sit here and stare at this computer hoping it will work eventually.

5.  Acceptance

Image via:  Giphy

I guess there is nothing I can do but send my computer in to be fixed and hope that it is fast.  

Thankfully my computer and I are reunited, but I hope that no one else has to go through these five stages any time soon!