This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gettysburg chapter.

Sometimes it’s really nice to take a step back from where we are and take a look at the past. Luckily we live in an age of technology where you can find almost anything. So we’re going to take a short step back and reintroduce you to some of those childhood classics that you can easily find on sites like Hulu, Netflix, and even YouTube.

Growing Up Creepie

Image via Nerdier Tides

First up is one that you may or may not remember. It was a bit of a cult classic as childhood tv shows go. This one was about a girl who was abandoned on the steps of a mansion as an infant, so, of course, she was raised by the talking bugs who inhabited the mansion. Specifically, the show follows her introduction into school and her attempts to integrate herself in the human world while keeping her home life on the down low. In addition to pretty great voice actors, it has a unique animation style and an interesting color scheme.

Liberty’s Kids

Image via Wikipedia

I know. I know. But, we’re taking this list pretty slowly. And, let’s face it; if you knew about the show then you followed it pretty religiously. Or, if you were like me, you binged the entire series in less than a month. Not only was this a great show about history with lovable and relatable character, but it also didn’t shy away from some of the harsher topics in our history. Not to mention the amazing theme song! “I’m looking at life through my own eyes.” It’ll get stuck in your head for days.

Rugrats All Grown Up

Image via Rugrat Wikia

This is one of those shows that you can easily forget that it’s existed. Not because you didn’t like it but because it almost seems like it was some kind of weird dream instead of an actual thing that happened. But it wasn’t bad. And it’s still available. Either way, it was definitely, at times, more relatable than the original Rugrats.

Danny Phantom

Image via Amazon

I mean, we could never forget. It’s a classic. But no matter how big of a fan you were, I doubt that you remember every episode in the three season long run. This makes it the perfect series for a little procrastination or throwback session. With memorable characters and overall great plot, it will live long in our hearts.

Kim Possible

Image via Fandom Factory

Let’s face it. This was just about the pinnacle of TV from our childhoods. There’s a great animation style. There’s an amazing and confident female lead. There’s a good mix of characters with different interests and skills. There’s interesting villains. There’s a love story that is natural and you can actually get behind. There’s real life drama mixed in with the world saving drama. Honestly, this show has everything, which makes it perfect for throwbacks!

So the next time you’re feeling overworked and stressed or are just looking for something to fill some time, check out some of these shows. Take a step back into your childhood and let yourself be a kid again, at least for a short time.

Zoe Philippou

Gettysburg '20

(she/her) From Arizona, Zoe is officially a Psychology and Anthropology double major, a German minor, and an unofficial a Theater inhabitor. She loves all thing having to do with culture or really just people in general. She's also a huge nerd who loves crafts.