5 Artists That Are Getting Me Through the End of the Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gettysburg chapter.

As the end of the semester gets closer, our workload piles higher and higher leaving most of us stressed and overwhelmed. As an escape from the three essays I still have yet to write, I compiled a list of artists, songs, and albums I’ve been listening to recently to keep me sane.

Aries

Though Aries is currently one of my lesser streamed artists on this list, I went through a period during this semester where all I wanted to listen to was his music. His entire Welcome Home album as well as stand-out songs such as “ONE PUNCH” and “KIDS ON MOLLY” leave me walking through campus like I don’t have anything to worry about. With Aries’ songs, I can simply vibe.

Lovejoy

Similar to Aries, I have been listening to Lovejoy a bit less than the rest of the artists on this list, but their newest song “Call Me What You Like” has me in a chokehold. I lay awake listening to this song debating whether I should buy a Gov Ball ticket just to see Wilbur Soot sing this song live.

Lizzy McAlpine

Lizzy’s album five seconds flat will always keep me coming back. I can’t listen to one song off of the album without listening to the entire thing. I know everyone and their mother is obsessed with “ceilings” right now, but I also have to give a shoutout to “orange show speedway” and “nobody likes a secret” for being absolute BANGERS.

Del Water Gap

Though I have been listening to the Del Water Gap songs I know for a while, I would still consider myself sort of new to his music. I saw him at Gov Ball last summer and knew I would get hooked. Currently, I’ve been listening to “Perfume,” “Chastain,” and “Better Than I Know Myself” religiously.

Fall Out Boy

I saved the best for last. I was excited about the new Fall Out Boy album, but I remained skeptical as I am one of those people who believe nothing can live up to the likes of Infinity on High or From Under The Cork Tree. Though So Much (For) Stardust is not them, I am obsessed. I play the entire album all the way through multiple times while grading homework in the library or while walking to and from my classes. I even played through it THREE times during a 5-hour bus ride back to campus after seeing a play with my class. So when I say I’m obsessed with this album, I mean it. The title track is incredible, and with every new listen-through, a new song becomes my favorite. Right now “Hold Me Like a Grudge” is taking the lead because I want nothing more than to be able to sing along to the chorus at the top of my lungs.

For your listening pleasure, I compiled the songs I talk about here in one convenient Spotify playlist. You’re welcome in advance. <3

Maddie is the photographer and a writer for Gettysburg's Her Campus chapter! She discusses her love of music in her articles via album reviews and curated lists of songs to check out. Her Campus also helps fuel her artistic outlet by offering a space to flex her photography muscles - capturing fun moments members and the community have at events as well as beautiful scenery around campus. She is a senior Psychology major and English minor with a passion for clinical psych and a love of Shakespeare. Her love of literature and academic writing drew her to Her Campus, and she enjoys being able to combine her love of writing with her love of music. Also, she is a member of Psi Chi, the Psychology Honors Society, and will be conducting her own honors research in the Spring. In her free time, Maddie enjoys watching Twitch streamers like FoolishGamers, Punz, and Julien Solomita, as well as YouTubers like Chad Chad, Smosh, and The Try Guys. She enjoys playing video games like Minecraft and Pokémon. She also enjoys listening to and sometimes even writing music. When at home, she enjoys going to the local dog park and spending time watching shows like Law & Order SVU with her family.