This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gettysburg chapter.

Some people make playlists for each month, others make them for an entire year. I make playlists based on seasons, and you guessed it, my fall playlist is my favorite! Some of the songs on my fall playlist are from soundtracks and others are from major artists, yet all of them give me a similar vibe that I associate with the season. These are the 10 songs that I believe to be integral on a fall playlist:

“The Great Pumpkin Waltz” by Vince Guaraldi
Charlie Brown Halloween GIF by Peanuts - Find & Share on GIPHY
Peanuts / GIPHY

My family and I watch It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown every fall, so I have a few of the songs from this special on my fall playlist: “Linus and Lucy,” “Graveyard Theme,” “Snoopy And The Leaf / Frieda (With The Naturally Curly Hair),” and of course, “The Great Pumpkin Waltz.” These songs make me think of watching the special with my family while carving pumpkins for Halloween, and it doesn’t get much better than that!

“Meet me in the Woods” by Lord Huron

This song screams fall, as does most of Lord Huron’s discography. I first heard this song in an episode of DC’s Titans, and I instantly became obsessed. “The Night We Met (feat. Phoebe Bridgers)” is another fall favorite of mine.

“Concerning Hobbits” by Howard Shore

I associate all of The Lord of the Rings movies with fall, so it’s inevitable that music from this movie’s scores made it onto my fall playlist. Along with “Concerning Hobbits,” I also have “The Shire” on my playlist. The Shire just seems like it would be a lovely place to spend the fall season, right?

If you really want to immerse yourself into a fall atmosphere, play this LOTR ambience video when you’re doing homework or just need something playing in the background (trust me, it’s amazing).

“End of beginning” by Djo

I am a big fan of Djo, and for those of you who don’t know, Djo is the stage name for Joe Kerry (who plays Steve Harrington in Stranger Things). I only discovered his music last year, and his album DECIDE was released while I was studying abroad in London, so every time I hear music from that album, I think back to all of the adventures that I had last fall.

Although I have personal fall memories tied to this song, it still serves as an amazing pick for anyone’s fall playlist. It’s the perfect moody, reflective track for walking around campus.

“Show me How” by the Foo Fighters
Foo Fighters / YouTube

The latest Foo Fighter’s album, But Here We Are, includes multiple songs that give me that fall feeling: “Hearing Voices,” “Beyond Me,” and of course, “Show Me How.” I would highly recommend listening to the entire album, but if you only had to pick a few songs for a fall playlist, these would be it.

“Show Me How” is my favorite of these picks because it is a beautifully delicate song that features Dave Grohl singing with his daughter, Violet. But Here We Are is about the loss of Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins and Dave’s mother, Virginia, so the entire album is truly hauntingly beautiful.

“The Lakes” by Taylor Swift

I have numerous songs from Taylor Swift’s folklore album on my fall playlist: “cardigan,” “exile (feat. Bon Iver),” and “invisible string.” The playlist may even have a little cameo from evermore! But seriously, just looking at the album cover for folklore, you know it’s going to be filled with amazing fall vibes.

Now, I know that “The Lakes” is technically on folklore (deluxe version), but it’s also on a compilation that Taylor put together called folklore: the escapism chapter. If you’re looking for a fall playlist that is completely Taylor Swift, I would highly recommend checking it out.

“Mind over Matter (Reprise)” by Young the Giant

This is another song that simply sounds like fall to me. This reprise is a calmer, more mellow version of “Mind Over Matter,” so it fits perfectly with the peaceful, restful vibe that I associate fall with. If you’re only familiar with the first released version of “Mind Over Matter,” I would strongly recommend giving this reprise a listen.

“Like Real People Do” by Hozier

Hozier’s voice just sounds like fall, and I don’t know any other way to put it. You could theoretically put any of his music on a fall playlist, and it would fit perfectly. Along with “Like Real People Do,” I also have “Take Me to Church” and “Someone New” on my fall playlist.

“Road to ORegon” by Charlie Jefferson

I only recently discovered this song, and it’s a beautiful instrumental piece perfect for fall weather! Fun fact, this song plays in the hotel rooms at Walt Disney World’s Wilderness Lodge, so obviously, “Road to Oregon” fits the outdoorsy fall vibe. I recommend playing this when the weather is cool and you can comfortably walk around campus in a sweatshirt.

“Leaving Hogwarts” by John Williams
Harry Potter Tree GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY
dailyprophet / GIPHY

This is a great song to finish off with because while I do associate the Harry Potter movies with the fall season, I also strongly associate them with winter. With that said, this song serves as a perfect branch between the two seasons… and it also reminds you to have a Harry Potter marathon (you’re welcome).

So, there you have it — 10 songs to put on your own fall playlist! If you want to hear more of what I include on my fall playlist, give it a listen here. Whether you need something to listen to while walking around campus or while doing your homework, I think a fall playlist can serve you well.

Happy fall everyone!

Laken Franchetti is the Editor-in-Chief for the Gettysburg Her Campus chapter. She oversees all of the articles that get published onto the site, and she works closely with the Senior Editor to assign articles to editors. Laken is a senior at Gettysburg College dual majoring in English with a writing concentration and history. Beyond Her Campus, she serves as Editor-in-Chief of the campus newspaper, The Gettysburgian, and is also the Nonfiction Genre Head Editor for The Mercury literary magazine. In her spare time, Laken can be found reading, listening to music, and watching Marvel movies. She enjoys scoping out new stories on campus and competing in the college's pub trivia.