What is the Disney College Program and How Do I Do It?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

Everyone has heard of a VSCO girl but what about a Disney girl? Of course, there are those Disney girls who own thousands of pairs of Mickey Mouse Ears and can name all 11 countries of Epcot but what about the girls who get to live there? 

There is a select few, but these girls have a special advantage. They get to live on Disney property and work for Disney itself. These girls are members of the Disney College Program.

The Disney College Program is a special internship/study abroad program. You work part-time for the Mouse and also earn college credit, while also getting all the park perks.

So, this sounds like the perfect idea for anyone who is a lover of Disney, especially because it’s open to any college student who is a lover of Disney! While it seems like it’s impossible, it’s only a few extra steps away.

The process is pretty simple at first: you fill out an application. They’re standard, like any job application, and once you’ve submitted, you get to move on.

Hopefully, the next step you achieve is the Web-Based Interview. It’s like a personality test, based on work and common traits that employers are searching for like a sense of community within the workspace and of course, timeliness.

From there, you may or may not get a phone interview. This is just like any regular interview except it’s over the phone, and it tends to have a lot more to do with Disney.

Once you pass the step, you’re invited to spend a semester work in the Happiest Place in the World!

Which is my goal, as I am now one of those Disney girls who has applied. Keep checking back for updates on my journey and if you wanna apply. head over to disneycollegeprogram.com to learn more about how to follow your most magical dreams.

Taylor Dunn

Georgia Southern '21

My name is Taylor Dunn, and I'm a sophomore at Georgia Southern University. I'm a multimedia journalism major and passionate about TV and movies, including Marvel, Disney, and Game of Thrones. I have two furry best friends named Duke and Koda and I love peanut butter and jelly.
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.