This Website Will Help You Find Your Perfect Foundation

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

Hey there lovelies! If you’re like me, anytime in your makeup career you have struggled to find perfect makeup shade. Whether it’s too light or dark, or whenever you try to shop you can’t even find a shade similar to what you think you need in stores. Well, I have a solution for you!

It’s this cool website called findation.com (see what they did there?).

It works by people putting in their shade in one brand that they know works for them, and then it compares it to what others say is a match in another brand. Sounds great right? If you’re confused, that’s okay I have screenshots!!

So you start on the main page and it gives you the phrase “You know you shade in X, find your shade in Y”. 

Next you put in the info about your current foundation. This includes brand, product, and shade.

So I put in Maybelline, Fit Me Matte + Poreless, and Warm Coconut 356

It does also give you the option to add more foundations to help find better shade matches.

I put in all my matches and BOOM! IT GAVE ME 104 POSSIBLE MATCHES!

104!!!!

THAT’S SO MANY!!

What I love about it is that the software gives results based user input, so real people who wear shades similar to you are also looking for your shade. No creepy algorithms. It gave me options to refine my search by brand, and save all my results. Also, each foundation was linked to where I can buy it so I didn’t have to run around trying to find one.

I was so impressed by this website and how easy it was to find new options for foundations!

Now, you must be wondering.. “Does this actually work or is this horse crap?”

Well the answer is yes!( But you should always do your own research!) The Revlon foundation I put in was a match that I got from Findation about a year ago. Back then the website was still pretty new and only gave me a few results. But now, I got 104! That’s crazy to see how far it has come!

Sidney Taylor-Reynolds

Georgia Southern '20

Sidney Taylor-Reynolds is a writer anc current VP for Her Campus Georgia Southern. She enjoys writing about tips that can help you in all aspects of life. Outside of Her Campus she studies Interior Design at GSU and is also a member of the Atlanta Jamaican Association. Her other passions include drawing and painting, music, and traveling! Follow her on Instagram @sidneylauren  
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.