Top 6 Things That Make October the Greatest Month of the Year!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.
  1. Fall Flavor – Every year it seems like as soon as October 1 comes around all other flavors become extinct. We all love the pumpkin spice latte, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin cheesecake, and even pumpkin smoothies. Name a better flavor that goes with fall, I’ll wait…EXACTLY nothing is better than pumpkin!
  2. Pumpkins – Who does not love pumpkin carving? Sure it may seem like a lot of work for one person but, it is a whole lot of fun with friends and family. Carving your pumpkin to be sweet or scary is always a blast. Get a few pumpkins and grabs your friends and see who has the best pumpkin creation! 
  3. Halloween – In my personal opinion I believe Halloween is one of the best holidays for both kids and adults. Christmas is great for the kids but just receiving money every year gets old (well not really but it lacks the holiday spirit). With Halloween even adults are kids for a night and get to dress and enjoy the Halloween festivities. What is better than a awesome costume and adult “candy”.
  4. Movies – As a 90s baby we all know what Halloween movies do to us. Seeing Halloweentown and Hocus Pocus on television always brings a nostalgic feeling to the kid inside us all. Reminds us when life was easy and carefree and the most stressful thing was making sure your mom got you home in time to sit in front of the TV and watch Disney Channel.
  5. Weather – We can all agree that October weather is the best weather the year has to offer. Crisp air and just enough heat to have true fall weather. #SweaterWeather  
  6. Football – Sure football starts in August for some and September for others but, I think we can all agree that the best football games are played in October!
Nia Jean-Pierre

Georgia Southern

I am an Atlanta native and I am very social once you get to know me. I am an Early-Childhood Education major at Georgia Southern University with a concentration in teaching grades 3-5 with intent of impacting their lives in the most positive way possible. I am often referred to as "not your average girl", I love to shop, hang out with my friends, and get my nails done, however I can play NBA2k on PlayStation all day as well. I thoroughly enjoy weekends at home watching Netflix and relaxing. I am a formal personal blogger with hopes of sharing my personal thoughts with the entire HerCampus community. "A lot of people resist transition and therefore never allow themselves to enjoy who they are. Embrace the change, no matter what it is; once you do, you can learn about the new world you're in and take advantage of it." - Nikki Giovanni
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.