Staples to Bring Back From The 90’s

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

If you didn’t know, now you know: the 90’s is so in season! And we all love to boast about being 90’s kids. Here are some things we can all agree we’d love to bring back from the 90’s:

THE FOOD

Remember when McDonald’s happy meals weren’t anthropomorphic creepy personas and just had the little smile? Admittedly, though that change just happened recently, there are tons of foods that kids today will never know the joy of. Some classics like Oreo O’s have just very recently came back, and others like Baby Bottle Pops and Kool-aid Jammers just don’t have the same hype as they used to back then.

THE MUSIC

Some songs will forever be a BOP. Just some artists that come to mind, Destiny’s Child, Britney Spears, Boyz II Men, Christina Aguilera, Mariah Carey, Lauryn Hill, Usher, and more defined music that remains indicative of the 90’s era in music.

THE MEDIA

Especially kids media… there are a few images that will never cease to remind us of how ICONIC the cartoons in the 90’s were.

Cartoon Network was definitely at its prime in the 90’s. With shows that scared us like Courage the Cowardly Dog and The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, to those that entertained us like Teen Titans and Ed, Edd, and Eddy, we simply have to understand why Cartoon Network can only seem to bring back mediocre reboots of our faves like The Powerpuff Girls reboot and Teen Titans Go.

When you saw this play you knew it was time to grab some popcorn! How many original Disney movies can one binge on? Never enough.. Disney Channel movies in themselves were comedic like Smart House, deep and dramatic like The Color of Friendship or Holes, or a combination of the two!

This year’s theme for Homecoming is 90’s, so try to bring back as many things from the 90’s as you can to really get in the spirit!

LaVonna Wright

Georgia Southern

LaVonna is a Junior at Georgia Southern University. She is currently pursuing a major in English Literature with a minor in Religious Studies. LaVonna worked as a writer for the 2017-2018 school year, and is now the editor for the 2018-2019 school year. She loves all of the softer things in life and aspires to use her passion for written word to help others become the best version of themselves. Check out her personal blog: lavonnawrites.com or follow her on Instagram @_lwright "Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful, for beauty is God’s handwriting." -Ralph Waldo Emerson
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.