Spice Up Your Life: Bedroom Decor Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

When it comes to decorating your bedroom the possibilities are endless. Shopping in stores and online can get overwhelming and trying to find things that are within your college budget can be difficult especially when you find yourself liking everything with a pricey tag on it. Fortuantely, due to it being my last year in college, searching on tumblr and pinterest, and working in retail stores during the summer, I think I’ve figured out what accents to add to  a bedroom that aren’t too expensive, but can make your bedroom go from drab to fab!

1. Lights

Adding lights to your room can give your bedroom a totally different vibe at night.Depending on your bedding and other accents in your room it can add a sexy, dreamy, fairytale,galactic, or girly vibe to your room. When you don’t want your main lights beaming down on you and much rather have your room dim lit while you’re relaxing,hanging indoor lights are the way to go. They come in different styles and can be as cheap as $5 per pack! If you’re worried about them staying on all night, or your electricity bill you can by a timer and attach it to your lights just like you would for a Christmas tree if your lights don’t already come with a timer.

2..Tapestry

Tapestries are great for when you want to have a boho theme or to have as a focal point of your room. They’re also very beautiful in general. Most of the time when people hear tapestry they instantly think of culture inspired styles, but there’s a variety to choose from.They’re also great backgrounds for selfies.

4.DIY Wall Paintings

I remember when I was shopping for things to put on my wall, specifically quotes, I couldn’t believe how expensive the canvases were. They were literally canvases, painted, with quotes beautifully written in different fonts and an assortment of colors, but none that went with my theme. All of a sudden a lightbulb went off in my head and I said “why don’t I just make my own wall quotes”! I literally spent around $30 for 6 canvases in different sizes,paint,and.paint brushes.

I searched some of my favorite lyrics and quotes, added my own customized designs and hung them on my wall!Best investment I’ve made when it comes to decorating my room.

Throws

When you don’t feel like completely getting under the covers or you have that friend that’s always cold, throws are the best for these occasions.

Pillows

Pillows are great for sprucing up your bedding and in turn your bedroom. Not only will they make your bed comfier. But they also can be great accessories in a bedroom.

Mirror

If you weren’t blessed to have mirrored closet doors ( oh how I miss mine) buy a mirror so you can take a selfie of your outfit from head to toe before you go out for the night.

Wax Burners

I discovered these life changers this year!! For years I’ve only known glade plug-ins to have my room always smelling good until now! Wax burners are basicallly like reusable candles. You can find them almost anywhere,in a variety of designs and styles and they are a one time investment. Wax burners can be plugged into a wall or powered by a light bulb. All you have to do is purchase one, buy wax cubes, and that’s it! You put the wax cube atop the wax burner and leave it on there until it melts, once the wax is completley melthed, you can pour it back into the container it came in and use again next time! Just one alone will have your whole room smelling divine, and unlike candles or plug-ins, you won’t have to keep buying refills or replacements.

.

Danyelle Gaines

Georgia Southern

Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.