Small Business Sunday: Koûteux

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

I spoke with Kyle Lee, the owner and creator of the Koûteux clothing line for this week’s Small Business Sunday. His clothing line consists of men’s and women’s tees, bags and hats!

• How did you get started making clothes?
    • “I was talking with my best friends and we were talking about finding new hobbies and things to do. I said I was thinking about starting a clothing line. I had been thinking about it for a while, but I decided to actually get serious about it. I started brainstorming and coming up with different ideas of how I wanted my brand to look.”
  • How did you come up with your brand name?
    • “It derives from the French word “coûteux” which translates to something that is costly or expensive. Since my name starts with a ‘K’, I just changed the first letter therefore coming up with “Koûteux.”
  • What’s the hardest part of your process?
    • “I would say that the hardest part of the process for me is waiting for shipments and for products to get finished being made.”
  • Is there anything you want Georgia Southern students to know about your brand or why they should shop with you?
    • “Yes, I want you guys to know that we have a lot in store that is coming soon. You should shop with my brand because I want you to feel luxurious and expensive wearing our pieces. We offer details like no other.”
  • Where do you want your brand to be in 5 years?
    • “I want my brand to be worldwide, in different fashion week events such as New York and Paris Fashion Weeks. I also want to have different store front locations in different areas of the world.”

You can get to know more about Kyle and his brand by following him on social media!

• Twitter: @kouteux
  • IG: @kouteux

He also has a website: Kouteux.com

Jorden Allen

Georgia Southern '21

Jorden is a sophomore journalism major at Georgia Southern University. She grew up in Atlanta, GA and enjoys sleeping, eating and watching football! #southernneverstate #hailsouthern #gata
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.