This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

Meet Trevor Jackson! He came to Georgia Southern University hoping to learn skills to become a television producer, but is leaving with so much more! A senior multimedia film production major, Trevor has a super bright future ahead of him. I got to sit down and talk with Trevor to gain some insight on how GSU has impacted him and his journey. 

HC: What’s is your major and why did you think that that choice best for you?

TJ: I’m a multimedia and film production major. I originally thought I wanted to be a live TV producer. At the time I thought that that choice was best for me. I have stuck with that major throughout college even though I had a career change during my sophomore and junior year.

HC: Outside of academics, what is been your favorite project so far?

TJ: My favorite project to plan has definitely been RedTent. It was a trial run of an event model that will grow after college.

HC: What is been your favorite moment at GSU?

TJ: My favorite moment at GSU was Georgia Southern Homecoming 2016! It was such a lit vibe, it’s hard to put in words. Just good people and events!

HC: I know some people feel like college is a waste of time and money but seeing that you’re almost done, would you do it all over again?

TJ: Yes, I would do it again. For my parents. I also know that college is important to achieve a lot in life.

HC: I’m pretty sure you’re already aware of this, but “Kreative” has made a name for itself. Tell us a little more about it.

TJ: Kreative is an entertainment based entity that specializes in event planning and execution. It was created in 2010 and brought to Georgia Southern in 2015. We plan to grow Kreative into a one-stop shop for everything production.

HC: Would you say that this side hustle of yours has open up doors for after college?

TJ: Definitely. DJing in nightclubs and on-campus events opened doors that I thought I would never see myself walking through both now and after college.

HC: So you graduate in May! What will be the first thing that you do after you walk across that stage?

TJ: Hug my mother and father! They have put up with a lot

HC: What would you hope life would look like for you after you graduate?

TJ: I hope my life will be model to others looking to discover their passion. Go out and explore! You never know what career path you will fall in love with.

HC: That’s nice to hear. Is there any advice that you would have for someone pursuing the same career as you?

Find local shows and events to volunteer at. Work hard and it will go noticed! Trust me

College is definitely an experience that’ll change your life, hopefully for the better.

Well thank you for sitting down with me, we are so proud of you Trevor! Best of luck.

Current senior at the Georgia Southern University. I love music (mostly 90's), and I love movies (mostly horror). In my spare time, I like to pretend I know how to dance or I'll watch post production videos on youtube :)
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.