The Jonas Brothers Pop-Up Show: The Experience

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

When the Jonas Brothers dropped their new single “Sucker” on March 1st of this year, I was one of the most excited fangirls. I raved about the single for days following the release, as well as religiously keeping up-to-date on their press tour for the single, including their week-long stint on The Late Late Show With James Corden. 

Like most girls at my age, The Jonas Brothers were a staple of my childhood music career. I listened to every album and even bought tickets to their 3D concert movie when that was a thing. From “Burnin’ Up” to their brief reunion with “Poms Poms”, I’ve been following Nick, Joe, and Kevin since I was 10. So, when the opportunity to attend their pop up show at The Tabernacle came, I jumped at the chance.

Saturday morning, my mom sent me a text telling me about a radio contest to win tickets to The Jonas Brothers pop up show. I immediately alerted my best friend and we spent all day Friday from morning to evening, calling four different radio stations trying to get tickets to a show you could only win tickets to. Just when all hope had seemed lost, my best friend’s call got answered and just like that, we were on our way to The Jonas Brothers.

The Tabernacle is an open venue, meaning there was no assigned seating and it was a free-for-all for everyone who went. My best friend and I got there two hours before the concert was about to start and had to wait in the longest line that wrapped around the venue space. However, even though we were toward the end of the line, we ended up getting pretty decent seats.

When the curtain fell and the chords for “Burnin’ Up” started, the sound within the Tabernacle was deafening. Girls screamed all around me, the flash from phones blinding my vision but the only thing I could think was “Oh my God, it’s the Jonas Brothers”.

The concert lasted less than an hour, but it felt like a lifetime of childhood dreams coming true. They closed out the show with “Sucker” and then we all traveled to the stage door to meet them when they left the venue. 

When they left, bless their hearts, they came and walked around the edge of the barricade, taking pictures with fans and signing what they had time for. Then they hopped into an expensive looking Lincoln and drove off into Atlanta.

The experience was unreal and insanely memorable, and I know it was one of many concerts I would remember for the rest of my life. So thank you Jonas Brothers and I’ll see you again next time you visit. 

Taylor Dunn

Georgia Southern '21

My name is Taylor Dunn, and I'm a sophomore at Georgia Southern University. I'm a multimedia journalism major and passionate about TV and movies, including Marvel, Disney, and Game of Thrones. I have two furry best friends named Duke and Koda and I love peanut butter and jelly.
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.