I Got a Girlfriend but….Do You Wanna Have Sex Anyway?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

Have you ever met a guy who was interested in you, or maybe I should say interested in having sex with you knowing he has a girlfriend? I’m pretty sure if this hasn’t happened to you, it will happen to you sooner or later. Word of advice, if this happens to you, kindly DECLINE his offer!

As women, we should never play second to anyone. Once you start to have that mindset that he’s going to leave her to be with you, honestly, it is going to start going downward from there. If a guy wants to get with you while he is in a relationship, it shows as a man, he has no respect for his “so-called” girlfriend, no respect for you, or himself. Deep down, as women, we feel good on the inside because someone is noticing us, which is natural, but don’t think just because he’s complimenting you, he’s not doing the same to someone else. 

When he says those magic words” Let’s just try it and see what happens,” you already know what’s next. Try what? Try having sex with me several times, get feelings involved and then decide whether you want me or not? I think NOT! Ladies, please don’t fall for this. If you’re that easy and you say “okay,” it’s going to go from relationship to situationship.

Lastly, you are already aware that he has someone, now he is DMing you at all times of the night. I personally feel it is very inappropriate for any guy to be contacting me after a certain time ESPECIALLY when they are in a relationship. I’m just saying, guys, have some respect for your lady. If you ask me, anytime after 10 p.m. are “booty call hours.

Francesca Wright

Georgia Southern

Hello my name is Francesca:) 25 years young, Senior, Macon, GA is home for me, Co-host at 9.19 The Buzz My hobbies are reading, writing, singing, MMA(Mixed Martial Arts), music, talking and sleeping(my favorite!) Oan I'm in love with Jesus and Wine! (don't Judge me haha)
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.